Office Manager, Jewish Community Campus - #19544004
Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City
The Jewish Community Campus, located in Overland Park, is a 250,000 square foot building on 25-acre grounds. The building is home to nine Jewish agencies including the Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City. The building includes a preschool, K-12 private school, 500-seat theater, fitness center, indoor and outdoor pool, commercial kitchens, private offices and public meeting spaces. The Office Manager is the lead resource for administrative and tenant/customer support for Campus.
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement plan with generous employer contribution and match
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Free Family Membership to the Jewish Community Center
- Manage and maintain a room reservation system for the Campus, which includes approving reservation requests, resolving conflicts, training tenant employees to use system, and assisting tenants with room set-up requests and processes
- Manage telephone system operations by coordinating service requests, training tenants on system use and maintaining master phone directory
- Manage and maintain key fob access system and door schedules
- Answer Campus phones
- Process service work requests
- Manage vendor relationships and assist with coordinating services for tenants
- Prepare bank deposits
- Track invoices, generate Purchase Orders and confirm timely payments are made to vendors
- Schedule and process payments to security guards and off-duty Police officers for special events
- Maintain Campus Board of Directors meeting schedules, minutes and communication
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least three years of experience in an office manager/administrative support role
- Knowledge of the basic principles of computing devices; skills in using computer networks (i.e. shared files and applications); an ability to engage in online communication (i.e. e-mail) and social networks while adhering to behavioral protocols; and the ability to find, capture and evaluate information (i.e. web searches).]
- Able to learn a variety of software programs, function as an Administrator of those programs, and train others to use the programs
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills via phone and in-person
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and problem-solve
- Able to keep confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Able to assist with room set-ups as needed, which requires lifting up to 25 pounds
- Able to move about a large facility including indoor and outdoor areas
About The Jewish Community Center ("The J")
The J is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The J is Shabbat-Observant Friendly.
The mission of The J is to build a strong, vibrant and inclusive community that enhances wellness, meaning and joy based on Jewish values, heritage and culture. The J operates on these values:
- Welcoming + Inclusive - We are welcoming, inclusive and nurturing. We invite all to join us in making connections and lifelong friendships.
- Building Community - We believe in the strength of community and we seek to cultivate a sense of belonging in all we do.
- Enriching Mind + Body + Soul - We help individuals live a physically, intellectually, and emotionally healthy lifestyle.
- Passing on Jewish Culture + History - We celebrate and pass on the values, culture, history, and traditions of the Jewish people.
- Treat Others As You Wish To Be Treated - We treat everyone with respect, dignity and loving kindness.