Cloud Engineer, Senior - #19544005
PURPOSE of POSITION:
The Cloud Engineer, Senior is a hands-on engineering and implementation role leveraging AWS and other cloud technologies in a large multi-customer AWS environment. The Cloud Engineer works within a Hybrid Cloud (AWS and On-Prem) to effectively harness the power and versatility of Cloud technologies to achieve operational efficiencies and cost savings. This position provides cloud-based infrastructure solutions support, infrastructure design, and implementation with an emphasis on leveraging AWS services and best practices in a large multi-AWS Account environment. The position implements and reviews AWS solutions using a wide range of AWS services with emphasis on infrastructure solutions from the network level up through the Operating System level leveraging Infrastructure as Code, AWS APIs, Python with BOTO3, and Ansible.
This is NOT an application-focused role. This is an infrastructure focused role with heavy emphasis on highly available, high performance, scalable, infrastructure services delivered via a Managed Services Provider (MSP) model with Amazing Customer Service.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Design and implement AWS cloud infrastructure solutions with emphasis on infrastructure provisioning, infrastructure management, systems monitoring, governance automation, security management, Identity Access Management (IAM).
Troubleshoot and resolve issues with AWS Cloud and related trouble tickets (tier 3 support).
- Collaborate with other engineers and product owners to continually evolve products and services using Agile and DevOps techniques.
Type of Credentials/Licenses: AWS Industry Certifications
Related Work Experience: 8-10 years
Thorough understanding of AWS infrastructure and services including but not limited to VPC, Security Groups, IAM, Cloud Formations, EC2, EBS, S3, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, AWS Config.
- This is an infrastructure position NOT and application position so solid AWS network understanding in a large multi-account environment is critical.
- Experience with networking principles and technologies (DNS, Load Balancers, Reverse Proxies)
Practical experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Cloud Formations, Terraform, Ansible, and similar tools from the network level up through the application provisioning level.
Automation experience with Ansible, Python and BOTO3, AWS Systems Manager, and other AWS automation services.
- Experienced in authoring and updating Python scripts with BOTO3
- Strong automation experience with Python ideally or other solid scripting language
Strong abilities with designing and implementing complex IAM policies in a multi-account environment.
High availability and Disaster Recovery principles, patterns and usage
Experience working as part of an Agile/Kanban Team
- Ability to self-start and successfully collaborate in a distributed team environment.
- Willingness to adapt and change and take on new challenges.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team.
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability.
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
Experience with DevOps concepts, methodologies, and tools.
- Experience with Git and Jira is a must.
- Experience with Jenkins and Ansible highly preferred.
Experience with ServiceNow (or similar ITSM tool) to self-select AWS and related trouble tickets from a queue and successfully resolve them to meet or exceed documented SLAs
Experience with Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), SAML, web Single Sign-on (SSO), OAuth and related authentication technologies
Practical experience sizing compute and storage needs
SCOPE of POSITION:
This position is an individual contributor and has no supervisory responsibilities. Provides functional expertise through day-to-day work tasks. Works under the supervision of management
- This job posting is for a frequent, high volume or contingent requirement and may remain open continuously. *