Oracle Database Administrator - #19544011
Join Eaton's Information Technology team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking an Oracle Database Administrator to join our Infrastructure Center of Excellence (INFCOE) team.
The Oracle Database Administrator will be responsible to Design, Build, Deliver, and Maintain Oracle Databases to address business and technical requirements, leveraging standard IT processes, principles and patterns.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role, you will:
- Administer/manage Oracle databases for Oracle Applications, SAP, and other applications, Oracle Recovery Appliance and Oracle Applications systems per prescribed procedures
- Provide subject matter expertise and lead Oracle database related system design, development, and implementation
- Work with resources across functions to deliver technology and platform solutions to meet customer requirements, providing solution options and highlighting operational or security risks
- Tune and configure Oracle platforms to meet customer and operational requirements
- Coordinate and regularly update technology, platform, and documentation to ensure operational health and security
- Monitor technology and platform to ensure required performance, availability, and capacity. Identifies gaps in monitoring and potential impact on service delivery.
- Continuously seek to more efficiently manage and utilize technology and platform from Oracle and other database platforms
- Follow industry, organization, and ITIL best practices to maximize quality and efficiency
- Execute ITSM processes (Change, request, incident, problem management) on technical IT systems at the Project level
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in information technology is required
- Minimum 3 years of experience or Oracle and/or SQL Server administration is required.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering
- Oracle Database (10g, 11g, 12c, 19c) Installation, Patching, Administration, Tuning, Monitoring, Cloning, Monitoring
- Ability to read and modify PL/SQL, SQL, database triggers, stored procedures, UNIX and Linux shell scripting
- Oracle and Oracle apps DBA- E-Business suite
- Oracle RAC, RMAN, OEM, ASM, Exadata, Data Guard, Goldengate,
- UNIX, LINUX, Windows
- SQL Server Installation, Patching, Administration, Tuning, Cloning, Monitoring
- Apache/Tomcat/WebLogic Installation, Patching, Administration, Tuning, Cloning, Monitoring
- Willing to learn new technologies
- General knowledge of programming constructs
- Excellent proficiency with the English language (written and verbal). Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you'll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That's why Eaton is dedicated to improving people's lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We're ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we're committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time