Financial Services Insurance Guidewire Business Analyst - Sr Associate - #19544013
A career in our Financial Services Enabling Technologies practice, within Industry and Functional Apps services, will provide you with the opportunity to build secure and new digital experiences for customers, employees, and suppliers. We focus on improving apps or developing new apps for traditional and mobile devices as well as conducting usability testing to find ways to improve our clients' user experience. As part of our team, you'll help clients harness technology systems in financial services focusing on areas such as insurance, sales performance management, retirement and pension, asset management, and banking & capital markets.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from from current trends in business area.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Share relevant thought leadership.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Certifications or experience in one of vendor business applications - E.g. Guidewire, Duck Creek, MajescoMastek, Exigen; CSC or One Shield, AICPCU Certifications - Chartered Property & Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Associate in Risk Management (ARM), Associate in Claims (AIC), Associate in Underwriting (AU), Associate in Reinsurance (ARe), Associate in Insurance (AINS) and Certified Business Analyst (CBAP) or Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA)
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a Business Analyst or Business Systems Analyst; or as a Functional Subject Matter Specialist skilled in using agile delivery methodologies like Kanban, Scrum, and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in various phases of project life cycle from inception to implementation including ability to groom backlog, finalize sprint work allocation and able to review and report the status.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in insurance company or agency / broker environments with relevant time and accountability in a functional role - i.e. agent, underwriter, customer accounting specialist, adjuster; or equivalent knowledge of insurance company operations.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in the business of property and casualty insurance marketplace, personal, commercial, and specialty product offerings, direct and agency distribution channels, the insurance contract, product model details, policy administration processes, policyholder billing processes, claim management processes, advisory (ISO/NCCI/AAIS) agencies, regulatory and compliance agencies and related business functions.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in insurance business applications such as:
- Policy administration;
- Claim management;
- Customer billing;
- Agency / customer portals;
- Enterprise data warehouse; and,
- Document management systems (production, imaging, storage) - as a functional user or as a business system analyst.
Demonstrates a thorough level of abilities with, and/or a proven record of success as both an individual contributor and team member, identifying and addressing client needs by:
- Writing and designing process maps;
- Preparing business requirements, documenting 'As Is' and 'To Be' processes and delivering process flows;
- Assisting in the development and / or implementation of Target Operating Models;
- Coordinating project input;
- Defining reporting structures to management;
- Demonstrating ability to formally documenting functions;
- Writing process documentation; and,
- Demonstrating experience of making prompt and practical business decisions.