Associate Operations Quality Analyst - #19544026
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife's Retirement & Income Solutions (RIS) provides long term savings and retirement plan support services to organizations throughout the United States.
Long term savings and retirement plans are programs established and maintained by employers to meet the long term savings and retirement needs of their employees. The means by which savings and retirement needs are financed is through contributions by the employer, the employees or both. RIS supports recordkeeping and transaction processing services for Separate and General Account investment products for clients with defined benefit plans. Investment management services are offered through MetLife and its subsidiaries, as well as external vendors.This role is a team member of the Quality Management Team located in Tampa, which performs an independent quality assurance review of various RIS Operations Administrative activities. The reviews are performed as part of RIS Operations continuous improvement and Quality Control Management program. This role is also responsible for the audit liaison function.
- Perform first line of defense quality assurance testing to ensure controls are operating effectively.
- Implement a risk-based approach, transactional and sample based to quality assurance including accuracy, completeness and timeliness.
- Explore ways to enhance the current review process, workpaper documentation, and metrics.
- Work with team to assist in implementing process improvements.
- Develop metrics and reports as needed for partners and leadership to track quality assurance work within requested timeframes.
- Discuss discrepancies with Operations to foster a culture of improvement.
- Compile and communicate Key Control Reports and any additional reports developed.
- Ensure issue identification, root cause analysis and resolution, including re-testing to ensure the fix was appropriately completed.
- Identifies any trends and work with the leadership team to analyze and apply corrective action. Provide control improvement and best practice recommendations to Operations.
- Act as audit and compliance liaison to coordinate requests from internal and external audit and compliance reviews.
- Tracks and manage audit/review deliverables, supporting documentation requests and meetings.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- High school diploma
- Working knowledge of the financial services/retirement/insurance industry, RIS operational transactions and processes supported
- 2-4 years or more of work experience (internal/external audit, risk, compliance experience preferred)
- Familiarity with execution of first line of defense review/ or operational risk testing and risk management principles
- Knowledge in testing, evaluating the adequacy of internal controls design and operating effectiveness
- Willingness to adapt and respond appropriately to demands, priorities and challenges
- Strong attention to detail, analysis and problem resolving skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-4 years or more of work experience (internal/external audit, risk, compliance experience)
"At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers."
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world's leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $651 billion of total assets under management as of September 30, 2020. We are ranked #48 on the Fortune 500 list for 2020. In 2019, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fourth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 116129