NIS - Network Security Engineer - Senior Manager - #19544042
A career in Information Security, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to develop and support our internal security technologies and services across the entire global and local PwC network. You'll focus on being the forefront of designing, developing, and implementing information technology including hardware, software, and networks that enhances security of internal information and protect our firms intellectual assets.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Team focuses on operational engineering activities across the suite of security tools managed in the NIS central service environment. The core areas of focus for Perimeter Security are Firewalls (Cloud, Physical, Virtual, WAF), Proxies, IPS, and VPN. This includes but is not limited to Major Incident Response and Resolution, Tuning and maintaining solutions, providing mentoring to junior staff, improving security posture, operational projects, and overall operational process improvement.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
6 year(s) involving information security and /or engineering experience in large enterprise environments.
CCNP, CISSP, PCNSE
Demonstrates intimate level abilities and/or proven record of success as a team leader in the following areas:
- Troubleshooting and resolution of complex network security incidents, to include packet capture and analysis, log review, and critical thinking;
- Building/deploying/configuring/managing firewalls in an enterprise level environment with 50+ firewalls;
- Demonstrating experience in networking and firewalls;
- Possessing specialist level experience with Palo Alto administration as well as the design and implementation of industry leading practices;
- Solving complex technical problems through engineering, including requirements analysis, design, development, implementation and testing;
- Possessing stakeholder management skills and the ability to set expectations and respond to business needs in a complex high-pressure environment;
- Demonstrating Security Risk Assessment for firewall rule implementations;
- Possessing knowledge of Azure NSG, Load Balancer, UDR configuration and troubleshooting;
- Understanding of knowledge management and training for L2/L3 firewall consultants;
- Managing Documentation for perimeter security environments;
- Developing global standards for Palo Alto technologies;
- Understanding security technology operational industry standards;
- Contributing to a central technology service organization;
- Navigating a matrix organization and collaborating with multiple stakeholders across functional and technical skill sets;
- Leveraging facts and data when approaching problems and considering both the customer's perspective as well as the enterprise's perspective while focusing on overarching goals and objectives;
- Exhibiting capabilities to multitask, performing and delivering results as both part of a team and independently;
- Demonstrating relationship and team building skills that foster an inclusive and collaborative environment for stakeholders and team members; and,
- Collaborating with design and build engineering teams to establish maximum capability of security solutions are achieved in the run state.