Designer, Design Infrastructure - #19544064
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
We're looking for a designer to join our Design Infrastructure team. This person understands that design at scale requires systems-based thinking and will employ standards, processes, and tools, to ensure that our client work is implemented in a repeatable, smooth, and efficient manner across projects and teams.
- Work with designers to support a wide range of digital projects including enterprise-level websites, landing pages, website components, and more.
- Collaborate with other designers, business analysts, product owners, and developers to ensure all production assets meet required specifications.
- Help create and maintain system-level design elements, components, and templates for AEM projects that map to our codebase.
- Help document design systems for internal and external audiences.
- Gather, organize, purchase, retouch, and prepare imagery as needed.
- Help develop and improve production processes and increase efficiencies.
A Little Bit About You:
- You have pixel-perfect standards and an eye for accessibility, usability, and web best-practices.
- You are relentlessly meticulous in your work—the smallest of details matter to you—a lot.
- You are highly organized. Proper file naming and layer management makes you giddy.
- You are able to prioritize and work quickly and efficiently against tight deadlines.
- You’re a self-starter with a positive attitude and disposition.
- You’re an expert with your tools, and you know the most important one is between your ears.
- You are resourceful and unafraid to ask questions. You are proactive in finding answers when you need them.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3–5 years of experience working on high volume web projects is a must.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional demeanor with a kind heart and passion for great work.
- Superb organizational skills to coordinate and manage complicated production projects.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and XD), Sketch, and comfortable in Figma.
- Experience working with a CMS.
- Experience working with AEM.
- Experience with enterprise-level CSS systems.
- Experience with design/engineering collaboration tools like Zeplin and Storybook.
*This role can be fully remote
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.