Senior Accountant - #19544071
Associated Materials, a federally designated essential business, is the parent company for leading residential building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a legacy of over 70 years in business, we create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors.
Headquartered in Cuyahoga Falls, OH, Associated Materials has over 4000 employees across its U.S. and Canadian manufacturing footprint and our extensive North American distribution center network (120+ locations!). We are a charter member of the Vinyl Siding Institute, the American Association of Architects, the National Association of Home Builders, and the National Association of the Remodeling Industry.
This combination of established brand recognition, manufacturing capacity and distribution reach makes for an exciting and rewarding employment value proposition. Join us, and discover the next step in your career journey.
This position will report to the Director, General Accounting. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for supporting the monthly close process to ensure timely and accurate reporting. In addition, the Senior Accountant will assist the Finance organization with special projects and analyses.
- Ensure timely reporting of financial results through involvement in monthly close process.
- Confirm accuracy of reported balances through completion of account reconciliations.
- Develop and implement new processes to improve efficiency.
- Prepare journal entries for month end close meeting strict closing deadlines.
- Complete account reconciliations and analyze general ledger activity, including both Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts.
- Responsible for various accounting functions to include compensation and benefits, accounts receivable and accrued liabilities.
- Assist in preparation of monthly reporting and analytics.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Contribute to department and organization special projects.
- Commitment to continuously improve the automation of accounting and reporting processes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years prior experience in Accounting role
- Solid PC skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com
#Indeed - Associated