Loan Officer - Research Park Branch - #19544079
University Federal Credit Union
Hours: 9:00 am 6:00 pm, Monday Friday
Pay: $16.00/hr. More possible with experience.
The experience you need to succeed:
- One month to twelve months of similar or related experience.
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent G.E.D.
- Operation of business machinery to include Xerox, computers and ten-key calculators.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel.
What youll do:
- Sells all Credit Union products and services that meet members individual needs including Real Estate, Financial Services, and Commercial Loans.
- Follows Member Service Roadmap -- Interviews members, provides financial solutions
- Provides World Class service to members and potential members
- Understands the Bank Secrecy Act and how it is applied.
- Follow 5 step on-boarding process with all member interactions with thank you notes and phone calls/e-mails.
- Maintain current supply of sales and promotional materials
- Represent the credit union in a professional manner, both in dress and in actions
- May fill in for Branch Manager on a temporary basis.
- May be responsible for performing in the Service Supervisor role.
- Comply with all regulations as required by law, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, FACT Act, GLBA, Regulation CC (funds availability), Regulation DD (TIS) and other regulations as required by law as it relates to his/her position
- Perform other duties as assigned
- To maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.
- Support branch initiatives including attending and working tabling, and Community Events as needed, and representing Credit Union in professional manner.
- Will generate opportunities by making outbound calls to existing member base to discuss opportunities to improve members financial well-being.
- Support Lending Call Center, by providing needed documentation for loan applications, and by assisting with the closing of loans.
Your Purpose will be:
To help members succeed financially by processing transactions, identifying needs, and through that, offering multiple financial products and services that satisfy those member needs to new and existing members while providing courteous, professional, and knowledgeable service. Have a consistent focus to increase member satisfaction and account retention by giving exceptional service.
Perks for you:
- Opportunity for advancement and career growth.
- Ongoing paid training opportunities.
- 11 paid holidays and paid time off.
- Affordable health insurance options for all employees.
- Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts.
- 14.47% 401(k) contribution (no matching necessary).
- Credit Union benefits including discounts on credit card interest rates and discounts on mortgage loan fees.
Get to know University Credit Union:
The University Federal Credit Union, also known as University Credit Union, is a full-service financial co-operative, serving the needs of over 100,000 member-owners and their communities in Salt Lake and Davis Counties. Established at the University of Utah, University Credit Union provides the best rates and service on whatever products its members need whether it's a mortgage, auto, or commercial loan.
Our vision is, Making the difference to every member, every day! This is not only accomplished through the world-class service we strive to provide to each member, but also through our ongoing community outreach projects. The Credit Union is also making the difference to our employees by encouraging ongoing development and continued opportunism for advancement.