RN Triage - #19544091
Providence Health & Services
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) (Telephone Triage, Variable, 0.0 FTE) to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Provide nursing triage and physician referral services to callers and/or walk-in patients using sound nursing assessment skills and following approved protocols.
- Document all encounters with patients seeking health advice for QI and risk management, clearly demonstrating the nursing process.
- Utilize current hardware/software systems. Attend training opportunities.
- Demonstrate competency and knowledge in utilization of specific department equipment.
- Communicate in a positive to establish relationships and maintain high quality care.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the State of Alaska
- 5 years of recent clinical experience in any of the following areas: medical-surgical, critical care, emergency, pediatric or maternal-child health nursing
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN)
About Providence Alaska Medical Center:
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!