Practice Assistant- Call Center - #19544099
Partners Healthcare System
Brigham and Women's Harbor Medical Associates is part of the Brigham and Women's Physicians Organization and is a multispecialty, primary care practice with more than 65 physicians in our several offices on the South Shore.
You will find our practice culture stimulating and rewarding. We value all our employees and offer comprehensive benefits. We are affiliated with Brigham and Women's Hospital, Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center and South Shore Hospital.
The Practice Assistant is responsible for check in, check out, and phone reception duties and serves as the first point of contact for patient appointments.
- Maintain a professional, courteous and positive manner during all interactions
- Perform check in, check out, and phone reception duties
- Verify insurance eligibility
- Collect copayments and outstanding patient balances
- Schedule follow up appointments
- Secure prior authorizations, referrals, and appointments for specialty care and testing
- Reconcile daily batch and global processing
- Answer phones and assist patients or route calls to appropriate department
- Answer high volume of calls, accurately taking telephone messages and routing appropriately.
- Entering prescription refills
- Work collaboratively with co-workers
- Participate in achieving common goals
- Share knowledge and expertise willingly
- Offer/lend assistance as needed.
- Convey information clearly in writing and verbally
- Listen with empathy
- Accept feedback in a positive manner
- Respond to inquiries accurately and in a timely manner
Professional Relationships and Development
- Willingly learns new skills, procedures, protocols as they are introduced
- Attends training and masters new software programs.
- Attends all mandatory staff meetings
May float to other departments/sites to meet the needs of the business
Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1 – 2 years customer service experience required
- Prior medical office experience preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills in person and over the phone required
- Must work well as part of a team
- Able to multitask and prioritize work
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be detailed-oriented
- Familiarity with clinical processes and procedures; medical terminology
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience in Practice Management and Electronic Health Record applications a plus
- Ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to comprehend complex orders, and stay calm during stressful situations