Monitor Technician / Telemetry Technician - FT Days - Shreveport - #19544106
Post Acute Medical
Monitor Technician / Telemetry Technician
PAM Specialty Hospital of Shreveport, LA
Post Acute Medical, LLC (PAM, LLC) is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 42 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation hospitals and 16 Outpatient Clinics currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at www.postacutemedical.com for a comprehensive look at how we're able to positively impact our local communities.
Post Acute Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager, Department Head, Charge Nurse, Staff Nurse, or Charge Nurse, the Monitor Technician / Telemetry Tech is responsible for:
- Continuous monitoring of cardiac functions for telemetry patients to detect heart rhythm variations
- Rhythm strip interpretation, documentation and functioning of the monitoring equipment in accordance with the standards and procedures of the hospital
Interpret readings and ascertain differences between rhythms that require closer monitoring and those that would require staff notification for immediate medical response
- Responsible for assigning and applying telemetry monitor to the patient
- Assigns transmitters and wire sets for all telemetry patients
- Follows policies for placing telemetry leads on patients; troubleshoot any telemetry problems
- Prints and interpret rhythm strips every six hours and place in patient's chart each shift; alert nursing personnel of rhythm changes or new occurrences and obtaining a graphic tracing for each
- Measures PR, QRS, ST Intervals
- Post rhythm strips in medical record
The Monitor Technician / Telemetry Tech must:
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Completed an EKG course/rhythm interpretation successfully
- Voluntary certification from the American Board of Cardiovascular Medicine is desired, but not required
- Previous work experience in a medical environment is preferred