Area Manager - #19544114
News America Marketing
Neptune Retail Solutions is the nation's premier marketing services company. We offer advertisers a broad portfolio of in-store, home-delivered and online media, providing them with the tools they need to break through the clutter of today's marketplace. Our powerful advertising and promotion programs, united under the SmartSource brand name, are relied upon by the country's largest consumer packaged goods manufacturers for an unparalleled consumer reach. Our SmartSource product lines include advertising at the Shelf, Digital Signage, ads on Grocery Carts and on the Floor. Additionally, we also complete Merchandising project work on behalf of manufacturers or retailers.
Neptune Retail Solutions is currently seeking a career-oriented individual for the position of Area Manager (also known as a Field Supervisor). This position is field based, working from a home office. The hired candidate will oversee a part-time field execution team and the overall operations for the specific geographical area. College Degree or equivalent experience, off-site or multi-site management experience and retail experience preferred. We need a person with a positive can-do attitude, initiative, employee management and motivation skills and good judgment. This person should be able to cultivate a team atmosphere over a large geographical area. The person will help ensure the integrity of all initiatives in their area.
The geographical area includes:
Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Parts of Massachusetts (Berkshire, Essex, Franklin, Middlesex Counties) and parts of New York (Clinton, Franklin, Rensselaer, Washington Counties)
The Area Manager responsible for direct oversight of 40 part-time merchandisers who install and service Advertising and Merchandising programs in grocery, drug, convenience and mass merchandise outlets.
The retail chains serviced include all major food chains with an emphasis on Stop n Shop and Shaws as well as all drug chains.
The Area Manager is responsible for hiring, training, and motivating the team, ensuring the team is successfully executing field programs and managing the reporting functions to ensure they are being done properly and in a timely manner. The manager is responsible for building and mobilizing a staff of in-store Merchandisers to complete and audit our servicing work. Ability to relocate for future positions desirable.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, including a company vehicle, an excellent insurance package, bonus program, and 401K.
- Effective communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Sense of urgency
- Ability to lead a team
- Basic computer competencies (working knowledge of Microsoft Office)
- Attention to detail
- Initiative and follow-through
- Problem-solving skills
- Works effectively as part of a team
- Time management skills
- Supervisory and training skills
- Communicate efficiently with direct reports, supervisor and internal/external colleagues
- Hold direct reports accountable
- Data integrity
- Flawless execution of all aspects of the program
- Proactive anticipation of problems and situations and appropriate resolutions of same
- Perform other job duties as assigned by management
People Management and Development:
Ensures Area is fully staffed and operational. Includes:
- 2 years management experience
- Interfacing with clients and customers
- Working with a variable workforce made of exempt, nonexempt and hourly personnel, working at multiple off-site locations, preferred
- Career motivated
- Desire to continually improve
- Willingness to take ownership, be held accountable and hold others accountable
- Ability to lead and motivate
- Critical thinking skills, the ability to analyze information toward process of continuous improvement and innovation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to persuasively communicate ideas
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds & stand on feet for extended periods
- Certain projects may require repetitive bending, lifting and stretching
- Ability to install all SmartSource products including: carts, shelf, freezer and floor ads
- Area Managers must have a valid driver's license (for at least 2 years)
- Ability to drive during the day and night is required
- College degree or equivalent
Applicant Privacy Notice