Medical Office Receptionist (English/Spanish Bilingual) - #19544131
Bluestem Health is a resource for the entire community for medical, dental and behavioral health services all under one roof. Our goal is to be a resource for all patients regardless of their ability to pay. We accept all major types of insurance and also offer a sliding fee discount program so that patients are able to afford treatment.
We are looking for a bilingual medical receptionist to join our team of professionals. The hours for this position will generally be Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm.
The Medical Receptionist serves as the front line for the medical team; greeting patients, collecting payments, verify billing information and performing all clerical duties necessary to prepare patient visits.
1. Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting in person or on the telephone, by answering questions or referring inquiries.
2. Maintains confidentiality of personal and financial information.
3. Protects patient confidentiality by making sure protected health information is secured by not leaving PHI in plain sight and logging off the computer before leaving unattended.
4. Optimizes patient satisfaction, provider time, and room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
5. Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patients’ arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
6. Answers patients questions
7. Maintains the reception and patient waiting areas.
8. Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
9. Gathers third party payment information and records charges
10. Establishes that each patient is offered and advised of the Sliding Fee Scale.
11. Collects and receives patient fees, including payment on accounts, co-payments, and sliding fee payments.
12. Collects and maintains patient registration and utilization data for reports.
13. Work in collaboration with other health professionals and members of the health care team in order to ensure patients receive timely care.
14. Performs other necessary duties as required to support the clinic and ensure patient flow.
1. High School diploma or GED required
2. One year of medical office experience preferred
3. Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
4. Bilingual (English/Spanish)
5. Good oral and written communication skills
6. Highly organized, attentive to detail, quality and accuracy
7. High energy and a positive attitude
8. Strong commitment to customer service and professionalism
9. Ability to interrelate with a wide variety of people and cultures
10. Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
11. An ability to fulfill their job requirements with minimal supervision
12. Ability to communicate effectively in person and on the telephone with the public, patients, and staff
We offer competitive pay, paid holidays, insurance benefits, and 401(K) match.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Bluestem Health is an equal opportunity employer. There is no discrimination with regard to hiring, assignments, promotion or other conditions of staff employment because of race, creed, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference or a disability not pertinent to the assigned job.