Mechanical Designer/Drafter - #19544144
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It's not just about your career… or your job title…it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
POSITION: Mechanical Designer/Drafter
DEPARTMENT: Brake Product Engineering
EDUCATION: Associate or Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering Related Field. Equivalent/Relevant work experience also considered.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Mechanical Design and/or Drafting
- Candidate must be experienced with SolidWorks and SolidWorks EPDM
- SolidWorks Professional Certification a plus
- Experience with other CAD tools such as AutoCad, CREO, Altium a plus.
- Experience with TeamCenter a plus
- Experience and working knowledge of ASME Y14.5, Dimensioning and Tolerancing, standard required.
- Understanding of various manufacturing methods and processes a plus.
- Ability to produce 2D detail drawings and 3D models of individual components (castings, machined parts, sheet metal, etc.) and large assemblies.
- Ability to analytically work through problems, make decisions, and act consistent with available facts, constraints, and anticipated consequences.
- Thorough understanding of Excel spreadsheets and basic formula writing
- Strong attention to detail and emphasis on meeting commitments
- Ability to utilize and improve upon Wabtec's current processes, systems, and culture.
- Ability to work within project schedules, budget constraints, and a matrix organization.
- A high degree of self-discipline and self-motivation are required.
- Ability to communicate, in written and oral form, detailed and technical engineering information, guidelines and standards/statutes/codes/ regulations to various audiences to ensure understanding to seek compliance.
- Interpersonal skills needed when dealing with all levels of internal and external organizations.
- The individual will report to Brake Product Engineering Manager.
- The role will support various drafting and designer responsibilities (solid modeling, detailing, assemblies, dimensioning, tolerancing) in the mechanical engineering teams including functional disciplines such as Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Air Compressors, Bogie Brake, and Coupler engineering.
- Some support of the electronics team is possible depending on the skillset of the candidate.
- The individual will be responsible for formal release of drawings into the PDM vault and into the internal document viewing system
- Design processes will involve adherence to various European, US, and international standards (EN, IEEE, ISO, ASME), in addition to internal Wabtec standards.
- The individual must be capable to review and understand customer technical specifications and industry standards regarding technical requirements (materials, qualification, drafting and performance requirements) of the product.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.