Sr. R&D Project Manager - #19544177
The Sr. R&D Project Manager will play a critical role in driving portfolio pipeline success through management of internal early stage development (Preclinical through Phase 2) programs as well as externally partnered programs as needed. They will support the R&D Project Leaders and teams, providing operational guidance and ensuring milestones are met on-time. Nurturing productive, cross-functional relationships will be key to successful project execution.
The Sr. R&D Project manager is responsible for partnering with R&D Project Leaders (RDPLs) to lead R&D Project Teams (RDPTs) through the effective planning and execution of drug development programs and strategic R&D initiatives. The Sr. R&D project manager is responsible for developing and maintaining integrated development plans (IDPs) for R&D Drug development programs in collaboration with the RDPL and functional team representatives, to track and manage key activities across R&D functions including: Preclinical Safety, Regulatory, Clinical, and Pharmaceutical Operations & Technology (PO&T).
Ensures high quality project planning and execution by facilitating the identification and tracking of R&D project team goals, and developing and maintaining the integrated project schedule within IDPs and the Project Portfolio Management system (Planisware). Identifies, tracks, communicates, and manages critical path activities, and holds team members accountable for functional delivery of plans. Liaises with the RDPT finance partner for budget planning and tracking and collaborates with the Strategic Planning and Operations (SPO) team to assess team resources & forecasting, identify resourcing gaps, and mitigate issues as necessary.
Supports effective decision making through identification and management of risks and issues, and the creation of project-level timeline scenarios to enable the assessment of project acceleration and other trade-offs. Drives the preparation of the RDPT for R&D governance meeting interactions and is the go-to SME for navigating governance and resourcing processes.
Proactively and effectively manages project team collaboration, communication planning, and reporting within the team and across key cross-functional stakeholders to ensure timeline completion of deliverables. This includes high quality RDPT meeting management (agenda management, meeting material preparation and organization, scheduling, meeting minutes, and effective action/decision/issue management).
· Minimum 3-7 years of prior project management experience in drug development, in a clinical development, project management, business planning, or pre-clinical development context
· Proficient understanding of R&D drug development processes (both pre-clinical and clinical) and biopharmaceutical industry
· Outstanding ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; ability to communicate to a broad range of stakeholders
· Ability to work independently, navigate ambiguity, adapt to change and make rapid, disciplined decisions to enable agile execution
· Commitment to a customer-first culture and motivation to solving complex problems and leading teams to success
· Proven ability to network and collaborate across multiple teams with flexible, positive attitude and ability to get results
· Proficiency with integrated timeline/gantt chart development and technical experience with project management systems & collaboration tools is a plus (e.g. Planisware, Microsoft Project, OnePager Pro/Express, MS Teams, O365 Sharepoint)
Bachelor’s Degree required – scientific focused degree is a plus
PMP certification or demonstrated Project Management experience is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.