District Operations Planner - #19544180
Logistics done differently.
You are always looking for a better, more efficient way to improve productivity. We are looking for people who can effectively incorporate strategies to help people work smarter. Join XPO Logistics, a company named among the most admired in the world by Fortune magazine and one of America's best employers by Forbes. As a District Operations Planner, you'll have a key role in the implementation of assigned process improvement and engineering applications that obtain millions of dollars in savings across a district through a disciplined framework of operational effectiveness and efficiency. You'll also act as a change agent while administering key strategic process improvements throughout the North American Less-than-Truckload (LTL) facilities. This is an opportunity for you to roll up your sleeves and grow as a professional, ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Work directly with district operations leaders to implement engineered Staffing, Dock, Linehaul and Network plans and applications to improve performance
- Partner with Learning and Development (L&D), District Network Managers and Service Center Managers to develop training materials, plans and schedules for frontline employees; implement process improvements on an ongoing basis
- Become an active trainer and change agent within the district
- Track and monitor results from the plan for needed actions or adjustments across multiple sites in the district
- Act as an accountability advocate within the operations organization in support of the proposed engineering process plans
- Function as a subject matter expert and single point of contact between Engineering and Operations for all engineering and operations applications
- Plan and assist with the execution of transformation events and projects targeted toward improving dock, P&D and linehaul performance
- Collaborate with Engineering and the PMO team to design, develop and pilot tools aimed at reducing cost/CWT, damage frequency and empty miles; improve on-time service, load average and overall safety
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of LTL operations or related experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, including driving and/or flying
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or a related analytical field
- 3 years of LTL operations or related experience
- Strong project management and analytical skills with a track record of proactively identifying potential issues and formulating solutions and contingency plans
- Experience leading continuous improvement, Greenfield and/or transformation projects
- Self-motivated work style; able to set priorities and work independently
- Results-driven focus with the ability to analyze, prioritize and act in accordance with ethics and values to achieve desired results
- Ability to take innovative ideas and translate them to help teams and frontline employees work smarter; able to support the development of self and others to achieve full potential
- Experience understanding/determining the financial impacts of decisions and effectively communicating value propositions
This job requires the ability to:
- Walk and stand for several hours at a time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Engineer, Supply, Logistics, Operations, Engineering
Apply now "
Find similar jobs:
XPO Pride, Veteran Opportunities, University - Entry-level, Transportation, Operations