Head of IFRS Adoption & Reporting - #19544182
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world's leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the role
This role can be based in Armonk, NY - Fort Wayne, IN or Kansas City - MO
Swiss Re is currently undergoing a significant transformation to adopt International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for its consolidated Group reporting by 2024. The new IFRS standards for insurance contracts (IFRS 17) will bring additional complexities to our actuarial valuation and reporting processes. Separately, Swiss Re's own Economic Value Management (EVM) reporting requirements may change over time with the adoption of IFRS. This newly created position will be the US L&H Finance lead over the adoption of IFRS, and serve as the Manager over US L&H's EVM reporting.
This candidate's primary duties will be to lead the IFRS implementation project for Swiss Re Life & Health America ("SRLHA" is Swiss Re's main US L&H carrier) working with Actuarial Management, as well as with the Reinsurance and Group IFRS project teams. The individual will be expected to stay up-to-date and contribute to industry positions on both the accounting and capital impacts resulting from the changes to IFRS.
In addition, the individual will be expected to lead US L&H's EVM reporting responsibilities, provide support on reporting for new large transactions, and be involved in various business partnering initiatives to further develop relationships with our clients.
These responsibilities will require strong analytical, critical thinking and project management skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity while working on multiple project teams. Collaboration with various specialist teams and solid communication skills will be essential.
- Lead the IFRS implementation project for SRLHA. This will include developing our adoption strategy & policies, supporting IFRS education, and setting new reporting processes.
- Active involvement in complex internal and external transactions – new reinsurance structures, new/amended inter-company reinsurance arrangements, etc.
- Work with Client Markets to actively engage with external clients to further develop Swiss Re Finance's external presence and to identify new potential opportunities for the organization
- Representing Swiss Re at various internal and external committees and industry conferences
- Close cooperation with Client Markets, Products, Treasury and structuring specialists on the assessment of new complex transactions
- Working directly with Financial Reporting and Actuarial management teams to ensure appropriate onboarding of new transactions
- Professional accounting (CPA / CA) or actuarial designation (FSA) required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience within the insurance industry
- Background in supporting implementations of new IFRS or US GAAP accounting standards
- Knowledge of economic frameworks/principles would be an advantage
- Strong project management skills – able to plan new projects, meet milestones and lead a team to successful project completion
- Previous work at the Big 4 or other Global consulting firm preferred
- Eagerness to engage internally and externally to build our client connections
- Team Player: embraces collaboration and works well with other individuals and teams
- Ambitious and Energetic: gets excited to find new solutions and ways of working
- Adaptable: able to self-start and navigates well through ambiguity
- Exceptional Communicator: confidence to work across different teams and communicate with all levels of management
- Decision Maker: willing to make quick decisions and learn fast from failures
- Organized: proven organizational and time management skills
Reference Code: 100691
Nearest Major Market: White Plains
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Accounting, Actuarial, CPA, Finance, Insurance