Plant Maintenance Electrical Technician - #19544185
As a Electrical Technician, you'll maintain the equipment in Kellogg Company's state-of-the-art facility in Omaha, NE. We're hoping you can take a new angle on what otherwise might be ordinary as you partner with personnel in operations, quality food safety and environmental health and safety. Do you have a spark for tinkering with electrical and mechanical components? If you love technical problem solving and are eager to shape a strong future for our company and your career, let's bring out the Tiger in you!
Hey, wheat's up? Our Omaha plant has been cooking up Pops and Mini-Wheats cereal using ingredients from field to bowl for over 70 years. Come be a part of a team that shares a can-do attitude and willingness to get the job done! Don't wait, apply now.
HERE'S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Maintaining Equipment and Amplifying Skills - Alternate between troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and on-the-spot machine repair. You will need a firm focus and understanding of programmable logic controllers. This is a special opportunity to enhance your expertise, but you need to already be a creative problem-solver who clearly documents your learnings!
- Analyzing Conditions and Providing Solutions - Identify and examine production equipment failures to understand root cause analysis, with the help of interpreting schematics and drawings. We'll rely on you to investigate and repair electrical and mechanical systems such as pneumatics, drives and hydraulics, and conveyors.
- Prioritizing Innovation and Communication - Actively seek ways to improve plant efficiency and cost savings, maintaining an open dialogue with your lead and supervisor regarding day-to-day activities. Your drive for excellence and ability to connect with others will lead you toward a successful future!
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- High school diploma or GED
- Electrical experience in an industrial, warehouse or DC setting
- Basic computer skills including including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of behavior-based safety systems
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, lift and complete repetitive physical tasks throughout the day, including occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds
- An active licensed Journeyman (electrical)
- Previous experience working in a food manufacturing plant
It's best to apply today, because job postings can be taken down and we wouldn't want you to miss this opportunity. To learn more about what's next, click on one of the links below:
- Kellogg K-Values
- New Hire Benefits Guide
THE FINER PRINT
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, please reach out to ApplicationAssistance@kellogg.com.
Let's create the future of food