Environmental Services Tech Lead - #19544197
Catholic Health Initiative
CHI St. Alexius Health Dickinson, part of CommonSpirit Heath, a national nonprofit health system based in Englewood, Colorado. The faith-based system operates in 18 states and includes 103 hospitals. Additional services offered within the system are: long-term care, assisted and residential living communities, community health services organizations, home health agencies, and numerous outpatient facilities.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
CHI St. Alexius Health Dickinson provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees' well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
The Dietary Aide is an integral member of the Nutrition Services team, moving fluidly between Cafeteria, Cashier, Operator, and Assembler roles depending on scheduling requirements. Must know and follow food sanitation, safety and customer service standards.
- Prepares foods for, sets up and tears down yogurt bar/salad bar, water station and Simply to Go cooler at appropriate time and completes temperature checks and recording; keeps café stocked.
- Serves (using proper portion control) and interacts with patients and customers.
- Inventories and orders supplies according to FIFO rotation; puts away freight and keeps café and assembler work area stocked.
- Using the cash register, handles money, payroll deductions and credit or debit cards. Categorizes meals and customer types (volunteers, meetings, etc.) on Halo Computer/till system. Completes/Prints reporting forms for cash register reconciliation.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the cafe and equipment.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations, counters, steamtables and other equipment; washes dishes and puts away; may set up and clean dining room and meeting rooms before and after a meal.
- Assembles, distributes and picks up patient trays according to diets and diet manual; examines food tray for completeness; prepares and passes nourishments to patients.
- Answers phone and assists patient in the meal selection according to their diet order and preferences.
- Conducts patient surveys/meal rounding.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
- Proficient with computers and computer applications used in the healthcare setting.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.