Mechanical Engineer Summer Internship - #19544214
Optics 1, Inc., a Safran Group Company, is a technology leader in the design, development, and production of Integrated Electro-optical systems for commercial and government applications. Leveraging our multi-disciplined engineering expertise in optics, electronics, software and mechanics, Optics 1 is able to design and deliver state-of-the-art electro-optical integrated systems.
Optics 1 is currently seeking qualified Mechanical Engineering intern candidates to participate in our paid summer internship Program within our Engineering Department. The engineering internship offers exposure to leading edge optical products and technology through direct participation in the development of hand-held camera systems (thermal, visible, infrared) and laser devices (range finders, aiming lasers, laser illumination). The intern will work closely with members of the engineering staff to conduct testing, reduce data, and assist on active projects. Much of the work will be hands-on and in the lab, with opportunities to exercise math models, conduct analysis, or use design software to accomplish tasks. Given the variety of ongoing projects, interns are often able to work with the staff to guide their summer experience towards areas of specific interest, while gaining realistic exposure to a fast paced engineering environment with ample opportunities to make an impact.
Education & Skills Qualifications:
- Must be actively working towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Career interest in product design and development
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Good problem solving skills and strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to set and accomplish goals
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels
- Internship programs typically run from mid May to early August
- Experience with MS Office Suite programs
- SolidWorks and CAD experience is a plus
Must be a US Citizen or hold US Protected Status