Break Time Shift Leader - #19544225
Shift Leaders are responsible for assisting in the management and operations of a Break Time Convenience Store. This first step into management learns about the store's finances, performs shift supervision, and completes the necessary paperwork. They are energetic leaders who believe it only takes a moment to make your day better.
MFA Petroleum Company is an Equal Opportunity/Drug-Free Employer.
As a Break Time Shift Leader, a typical day might include the following:
- Working with customers —provide excellent customer service by engaging with the business and with the customers and encouraging store team to do the same; consistently and courteously greet and thank each customer and provide fast and friendly customer service; handle complaints quickly and courteously; conduct accurate and efficient transactions
- Day-to-day store operations—learn and assist in all aspects of store operation including daily reporting, banking, inventory, bookkeeping, fuel management, and ensuring that all equipment/store/property is well maintained and in good condition; maintain store cleanliness
- Merchandising and sales—assist in the proper execution of marketing programs; perform all merchandising activities including proper pricing, knowledge and implementation of promotions and sales, suggestively sell to customers, proper vendor check in, keep all merchandise stocked, clean, fronted, and faced (including the cooler)
- Supervising –perform shift supervision in the absence of the manager; control merchandise, cash shortages, and other selling expenses; promote food service and food safety; successfully complete company training programs; help train new employees on company policies and procedures
- Communication —maintain timely and professional communication with customers, vendors, other employees, and management as it relates to all aspects of the store operations
- Working closely with management—understand the store finances and how it impacts the business; control shortages and other expenses; help meet or exceed company goals for sales and controllable expenses
- Teamwork—exhibit professionalism in appearance, conduct and judgement—always setting the appropriate example; assist in recruiting, training, and developing the store team; work as a team to adhere to all local, state and federal regulations concerning all facets of job responsibilities and duties, and store operations
- Working with technology – learn and utilize the store's technology; perform mathematical calculations to make change, complete shift reports, and count product
- Other duties as assigned
This job might be for you if you meet the following requirements:
- Prior management/leadership experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Valid driver's license and adequate transportation to/from bank
- Flexible availability which may include all shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Experience in retail sales preferred
- Thrives in a fast pace environment
- Works well individually and in leading a team
- Ability to perform these duties and others as assigned, with accuracy, and with minimal supervision
All items shown above are requirements for the position. In addition, Break Time employees must be 18 years of age with legal authorization to work in the United States. Due to Missouri Lottery Laws, Break Time is unable to employ persons who have been convicted of a felony. All Break Time employees are expected to adhere to policies, procedures, and expectations by following company checklists, following posted work schedule and proper time recording procedures, and assisting in training others. Break Time employees must meet all company requirements, including successful pre-employment drug screening and criminal background checks, ability to exchange accurate information with Break Time customers in English, and ability to visually observe and inspect items and work environment for regular job responsibilities and safety concerns.