SAS Full Time Lead Merchandiser - #19544233
SAS Retail Services
SAS Full Time Lead Merchandiser
Are you looking to join a team for a fast-growing company that can offer you flexible scheduling, competitive rates, and the possibility for advancement as you move throughout your career? If so, SAS Retail Services has a great opportunity for you!As an SAS team member, you will partner with retailers to enhance the consumer's shopping experience. You will be responsible for maintaining a strong communication flow between all parties as well as supporting the team by providing the necessary tools to execute our services in the most efficient manner while delivering high-quality results.
At SAS Retail Services, we hire talented associates like you and give you the tools and training you need to succeed and advance in your career. As a large growing company with a national and global reach, our company offers you many opportunities to learn new skills and seek higher positions. APPLY TODAY!
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401(K) Plan
- Generous paid time off
- Paid training and ongoing career development
- Lead a team of associates to implement merchandising work, ensuring compliance to the process and exceeds service expectation
- Plan and adjust to reflect changes to schedules, ensure changes are adhered to for the duration of assignment. Ensure materials are available for display
- Communicate with your team, supervisor and retailer to resolve issues and ensure smooth execution of the assignment
- Execute special projects, make decision to release, confirm, cancel or defer work based on current inventory, demand, capacity and material availability
- Performs and is directly responsible for; merchandising, resets, reporting, schematic integrity, POS, equipment needs the following processes, and training
- Some travel may be required
- High School diploma preferred
- 1 or 2 years of merchandising experience preferred
- Preferred: some supervisory experience, previous work in retail or grocery environment
- Ability to use POS equipment and internal reporting systems
- Leadership and training skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Provide excellent customer services, including assessing the needs of the customer to best recommend products
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a timely manner
The Company is one of North America's leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Retail Sales Representative (RSR) is responsible for developing and growing sales volume in their assigned territory through effective fact-based selling and relationship building with retail account's operations personnel at store and market (district) level.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and leveraging relationships with key influence and decision makers in assigned stores and markets
- Delivering consistent market level contact as per client standards
- Effectively gaining front end and main aisle presence of client brands. This is accomplished in conjunction and alignment with store or market personnel so that the primary merchandising and stocking duties are done by store personnel. This collaborative relationship is developed on a mutual interest and business relationship.
- Meeting or exceeding POS to plan goals for assigned stores and markets
- Delivering a positive gap versus Non-DRT
- Growing POS for client brands by selling incremental display locations, selling the execution of plan-o-gramed locations, executing initiatives as well as maintaining in stock conditions.
- Analyze and develop business plans each trimester that identifies opportunities to grow sales within their territory. This business plan would include a review of the previous trimester, analysis of upcoming POS to plan goals, opportunities to close gaps, an action plan with specific territory goals and time table.
Organizing and Planning
- Follow team sales call standards and effectively orchestrate a call coverage plan that meets the business needs of client and the retail customer.
- Administration/Reporting- complete accurate and timely paperwork, reports, recaps, itineraries, timesheets, expense reports, etc.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel is not an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is an essential duty or function of this job.
- (Required)High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
- (Preferred) Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
- Previous retail sales experience preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.