Gourmet Chef - #19544258
AJ's Fine Foods
The gourmet chef will assist in the preparation, display, and merchandising of all bistro foods for sale (fresh prepared and packaged). The chef's creativity, and passion for food and cooking, contributes to the development, preparation and presentation of outstanding prepared foods available for breakfast, lunch, dinner as well as for catered events. Must have chef certification from a recognized culinary school.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Working with the deli/bistro manager and/or executive chef to achieve the sales, product quality and presentation and customer service goals established for the department.
- Planning, developing and presenting various menus, using a great deal of expertise and creativity.
- Answering phones and taking special orders.
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and active sampling and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Facilitating catered events from their beginning to a happy conclusion.
- Working with catering director and the executive chef on menu planning and facilitating the production of catering menus to ensure profitability and company standards.
- Demonstrating excellent communications and salesmanship skills with clients and vendors.
- Maintaining open communication with all members of the deli/bistro department, catering department, deli/bistro department manager, and executive chef.
- Ensuring compliance with all state, county and local health department and weights and measures policies, laws and requirements.
- Controlling food cost control shrink by monitoring production and implementing reworks.
Perform other duties and assignments as directed. Must be at least 18 years old.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time;
This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned;
This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer.