Public Relations Account Manager - #19544265
Highwire Public Relations
Highwire Public Relations is a leading technology public relations agency based in San Francisco with offices in New York City, Boston and Chicago. We work with a wide range of clients across cloud technology, enterprise, security, financial services technology (fin-tech), and healthcare as well as consumer products and services.
Highwire has been named Technology Agency of the Year and Best Agency to work for by PRWeek, PRovoke and Inc. Magazine. We are a learning culture that welcomes diverse perspectives to develop our teams, coach for career growth and embrace new ideas.
At Highwire PR, we are entrepreneurs, makers, and explorers. We are committed to fostering an inclusive agency environment, where every employee can be seen, heard, and valued. We believe in taking and owning a seat at the table, and the equal importance of creating empowered spaces for diverse storytellers. We seek to hire, develop, and retain talented professionals from a wide range of backgrounds. Applicants from historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
We're looking for a visionary, creative type with 5+ years of experience growing teams and delighting clients. As an Account Manager, you will lead 3 to 4 teams doing everything from developing high-level strategy with clients to making magic happen with media, influencers and social media. Rock-solid writing skills, an in-depth knowledge of the technology industry and proficiency with all things digital and social are a must. We also take pride in our passionate and contemporary standard, so you should have a track record of leading edge thinking to develop programs that have a meaningful and relevant business impact. And, we love and adore our staff at all levels so we're looking for someone to inspire and energize their teams and take Highwire to new heights. Technology background and established relationships with consumer tech media.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Media/Influencer Relations
- Strong relationships particularly with business, broadcast and influencer media and ability to direct staff to develop the same.
- Strong grasp and creative use of social media channels to engage and support efforts.
- Ongoing engagement of media for the agency (e.g. blog Q&A, lunch talks, etc.)
- Experience measuring the ROI of communications activities.
- Experience with social media influencer engagement, content campaigns, and media coverage amplification.
Client Service/Management Ability to manage PR Programs from kick off through achieving goals. Ability to set aggressive but achievable goals based on generating news and ongoing coverage. Exceptional client management skills and deep personal investment in client success.Ability to manage through periods of change or challenge. Ability to think clearly and project confidence amid crisis situations or in the face of strong competition. Day to day contact for clients. Develop budget and team priority allocations and identify opportunities to increase budget. Lead media training sessions with clients including developing key messages and all follow up from session.
Writing Proficiencies Ability to generate a plan for a campaign or an entire PR program. Ability to generate and edit award submissions, press releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, biographies, tour reports, briefing books, contributed articles, speaking opportunity abstracts, pitches, Q&As, company memorandum and general team correspondence; also responsible for their production and assembly. Professional, articulate and timely client communication. Development of consistent, creative, successful pitches.
- Maintain 2 direct reports, assist in development of goals for reports, deliver annual reviews and quarterly check ins.
- Participation in new business process including proactively identifying new targets, research and presenting at pitch.
- Identify, attend and encourage others to attend networking events.
- Maintain a respectful, enthusiastic, and professional attitude towards coworkers, clients, and outside colleagues and lead team by example.
- Support teams and manage up and down.
- Responsible use of flexible work policies.
- Uses Highwire social channels; writes for Highwire blog.
- Mentor junior staff to elevate development.
- Proactively set up quarterly goals with principal; track against goals and demonstrate growth.
- Effectively prioritize responsibilities based on impact, timelines, workflow and client goals.
- Drive projects forward independently, eliminating the need for managers to consistent check in re: follow through/ task completion.
- Identify areas for self-improvement and bring suggestions and solutions to management.
- Consistently hit deadlines or give enough notice if you won't.
- Attends regular networking events.
Highwire Perks Include
- Competitive salary
- Merit-based bonuses and promotions
- Excellent vacation policy including office closure between Christmas and New Years
- 401K Match
- Medical and dental benefits/ FSA
- Commuter Benefit
- Curiosity Stipend
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Fitness benefit
- Donation Match
- Full-time writing Coach
- Monthly recognition programs
- Work from Home Friday's
- Summer Friday Hours
- Quarterly Highwire fun events – Thanksgiving is our favorite holiday
- Dog friendly work environment
- Extremely supportive, nurturing environment with many opportunities for learning and growth
The duties delineated above will vary depending on the needs of each specific account, and in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. They will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisors.
If you are the breakout candidate we seek, please apply now by uploading your resume.