Process Group Lead - #19544270
Quidel Corporation is a leading manufacturer of diagnostic healthcare solutions serving to enhance the health and wellbeing of people around the globe with well-known and respected products that provide healthcare professionals with accurate and cost-effective diagnostic information at the point of care (POC).
We are hiring 400 people to install and staff production lines for our new 128,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Carlsbad, CA. We're aiming to grow production of our QuickVue® rapid antigen tests from 50 million tests a year to 50 million tests per month. We're looking for candidates to fill all roles and responsibilities from purchasing, sourcing, technicians, chemists and engineers to top managers and support services. If you share our commitment to helping communities contain the pandemic and stay safe in our homes, schools, and businesses, come join the Quidel Team.
The Process Group Lead is responsible for coordinating chemistry manufacturing activities which may include but are not limited to the preparation of buffers, assay reagents, standards and controls, complexes and conjugates, and antibody purification. This position is also responsible for ensuring that all employees follow all associated QSR and ISO regulations, manufacturing instructions, operating procedures and corporate policies.
- Develops the weekly production schedule and allocates labor based on skill level
- Coordinates all chemistry manufacturing activities including labor and material allocation so that production standards are met
- Ensures the accuracy of material and labor transactions into LN
- Trains and coaches employees to achieve compliance to all QSR and ISO regulations, manufacturing instructions, procedures, and company policies
- Ensures that training records are accurately maintained and current
- Assists with the transfers of new products to manufacturing including validation of equipment and/or processes
- Initiates document and procedural changes utilizing the Engineering Change Order (ECO) system
- Executes additional tasks as required by the Chemistry Manufacturing leadership
- Identifies and articulates complex problems and assumes a coaching role to less experienced personnel