Corporate Finance - Financial Accounting, Infrastructure & Reporting – CIB Asset Class Controller – VP - #19544275
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
The organization closely examines the general ledger, operating systems and infrastructure controls across the entire lifecycle and diverse product scope of the investment bank to ensure the firm's financial information is accurately depicted for reporting and regulation purposes. This financial information is used by analysts to assess the firm's financial position; by management to make sound financial decisions; by investors to make informed decisions; and by regulators to supervise and examine the firm appropriately.
The most common functions and activities owned by FAIR include but are not limited to the following: financial analysis, consolidation, reporting, balance sheet reconciliation and substantiation, general ledger reconciliation reporting & governance, inter-entity control and governance, manual accounting/bookings to the general ledger and operating systems, and executing the month end close process.
- Work closely with line of business controllers, financial control, middle office, technology and operations
- Partner with FAIR teams globally
- Manage the consolidation of JPMorgan Chase financial data at month-end for their asset class, including the ability to support month end, quarter end, and year end activities
- Hands-on engagement in projects
- Ability to proactively identify process and/or infrastructure enhancements and work with stakeholders enact change
- Oversee preparation of the firm's primary financial statements at quarter-end for use in the earnings release and SEC filings
- Control post-closing entries and consolidation adjustments
- Perform various control procedures to ensure the integrity of reported financial results
- Manage intercompany eliminations, a key component of the financial consolidation process
- Enhance the overall control environment around the financial reporting function
- Mobilize change wherever possible in order to simplify processes and enhance controls
- Strong accounting knowledge (General Ledger)
- 7-10 years accounting or industry experience
- Possess leadership attributes, time-management skills and strong understanding of the process
- Advanced technical skills, Alterys proficiency
- Solid understanding of products (Stocks, Bonds, Loans, Derivatives, etc.)