Technical Applications Manager - #19544289
Generac Power System, Inc
Technical Applications Manager
Company Generac Power Systems
Name Technical Applications Manager
Req # 56708
Location Waukesha CP
Employment Type Full Time
Do you want to be part of something bigger? For more than five decades, Generac has designed and manufactured diesel, natural gas, and bi-fuel generators…but we did not stop there! As we continue to grow both in size and in technological advances, we are pushing past the norm and pathing a way for the future. We are not simply satisfied with what is working now; instead, we challenge ourselves and continue to be a leader in our industry.
The Technical Application Manager serves as the Generac Subject Matter Expert (SME) on National Electric Code (NEC) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) code interpretation. This role develops and leads training for groups of local inspectors and members of the Generac dealer network to educate them on local code requirements and best installation practices. The Manager Technical Application must be clear, concise, engaging, and able to present to audiences up to thousands of external stakeholders at any time. In addition to external trainings, the Manager Technical Application is key participant in internal discussions to ensure that Generac project teams and leadership teams are well-educated on current codes and impending codes additions/changes that make impact project or business direction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and directs the work of the team. Selects, coaches and develops staff. Sets clear expectations to inspire and motivate the team. Manages performance-- recognizing achievement, providing feedback and administering progressive discipline when necessary.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge on existing and impending NEC and NFPA codes and standards. Uses knowledge to educate internal stakeholders and project teams on impacts to drive compliance in the project and business planning processes. Participates in panel, lobbying, or other key processes to drive code changes.
- Develops and leads training of local inspectors and the Generac dealer network with primary focus on educating participants on the local code requirements and best installation practices. Programs will allow for professionals to receive continuing education credits.
- Performs hands-on diagnostics of various products including engine-driven, mechanical and electrical systems, etc. Troubleshoots and provides feedback to appropriate teams or stakeholders.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 10 years' experience of residential and/or industrial electrical experience
- State Master Electrician Certification or Journeyman Electrician Certification and Electrical Instructor Certification
- 2 years of previous supervisory experience
- State Inspector Certification
- Prior experience assembling and leading training for numerous participants
- Completed apprenticeship or associate degree in related field
- Member of the International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI) or related industry organization membe
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of engine maintenance and troubleshooting including: air-cooled, liquid-cooled, gas, diesel, LP, and natural gas fuel systems
- Expertise in electrical systems and troubleshooting
- Proficiency with full Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Capability to serve as an expert on National Electric Code (NEC) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) code interpretation and influence internal and external decision making
- Disciplined to uphold current industry knowledge and obtain additional certifications to allow for expansion of continuing education credits to support our trade professional (i.e. electrical, plumbing, mechanical)
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."