Business Project Specialist - #19544292
nbkc isn't your average bank. We take your traditional financial institution and make it better.
We know what we offer our customers is only as good as the people behind the scenes who keep it going. That's why we make sure you're supported and encouraged along the way. You'll work with some awesome, intelligent and diverse people in a fun and forward-thinking environment and accomplish plenty of things you'll wanna brag about.
nbkc is deeply committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in all its practices, especially when it comes to growing our teams. We aim to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with employees from all walks of life.
We are currently looking for a Business Project Specialist to join our Deposit Operations team. The Business Project Specialist will assist with the management of implementations while working with external vendors and internal customers to maximize the overall scope, impact and effectiveness of vendor relationships. While supporting the Project Managers, the Business Project Specialist will also provide Tier 2 and 3 customer and technical support and oversight of the bank's products and services.
What you'll do
- Assist with the planning and scheduling of project timelines, tracking project deliverables using appropriate tools and providing direction and support to project team.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves escalated customer and system issues related to operational processes to ensure effectiveness and efficiencies are maintained; monitors system issues via vendor Case Management.
- Assists in oversight of Core System updates and testing and ensures timely delivery of new benefits and features to end users. Oversight of Online Banking system updates and testing and ensures timely delivery of new services and features to end users.
- Provides Tier 2 and 3 Online Banking Support to operations and deposit associates.
- Assists in troubleshooting isolated system issues, and interacts with online banking vendors to identify and resolve system issues.
- Maintains a development queue for system improvements related to operational efficiencies impacting Deposit Operations, Online Channel, Treasury Management, and the Deposit division to monitor idea requirements, progress, and training.
- Attends regular meetings with vendors and/or internal customers during implementation phase
- Follows all applicable laws and regulations
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
What you'll bring
- 3 or more years banking experience
- Associate degree OR 3 years business experience
- Project Management skills that include the following: Review project documentation, prioritizing deadlines, develop schedules and tracks timeline for project deliverables. Validation and testing of any changes, Assist with the project coordination and rollout. Escalates urgency to manager where appropriate. Evaluate existing processes to gain efficiencies.
- Advanced knowledge and proven experience with MS Office products. Solid proficiency of daily utilization to create, format and develop reports and presentation material.
- Experience as a personal banker or a management role within the banking industry
- Solid business communication skills with ability to interface well with all departments within the company and externally to represent the bank in a highly professional manner
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and be resourceful to find solutions
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Sound judgment and decision-making capabilities. Must be able to obtain information, evaluate alternatives and make recommendations
- Must be able to change directions quickly and identify critical and/or time sensitive issues
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
Our Hiring Process
After we review your application and feel you're a potential fit we will reach out with next steps. Things move fast at nbkc bank, and we work hard to meet our candidates on their time- sometimes that's a phone screen, video interview, or even a cup of coffee before meeting our team. We are committed to keeping you updated along the way.
Here's what you can look forward to when you join our team:
- Take care of yourself and your family with our comprehensive health coverage
- Save more for your future with our 401k retirement savings plan with a generous match and immediate vesting from nbkc. Now that's a sweet deal!
- Enjoy 4 weeks of paid time off, 13 paid holidays, and 8 paid volunteer hours per year
- Spend time bonding with your family with paid parental leave options
- On-site gym facilities, personal trainer, and yoga instructor will get you moving
- Support for the whole 'YOU': programs and activities to enhance your physical, mental, and financial well-being
- Flexible work options to allow you to do your job and live your life (Work-Life Integration for the win!)
- Enjoy anniversary awards for your 3 and 5 year anniversaries (That's serious cash money towards your retirement account, student loan refinancing or your HSA).
- Take a 4-week paid sabbatical for your 10-, 18-, and 25-year anniversaries
Awards + accolades
We've been named one of KC's Best Places to Work by Glassdoor in 2019 and the Kansas City Business Journal in 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 (yes, that's a four-peat)... won a Glassdoor Top-Rated CEO Award, are Health KC Platinum certified, and were nominated as one of KCBJ's coolest office spaces in town.
Our customers love us too. All our 5-star reviews? We know that's a direct result of our employees feeling supported, valued, and invested in everything they do at nbkc.
Needless to say... people really like working here.
And we think you will too.
Join us to find out!
nbkc bank is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation