Continuous Improvement Leader - #19544303
Its an exciting time at PAC Worldwide
With the rise in e-commerce, its a great time to be in the essential industry of flexible packaging! Our packaging is used in the delivery of goods such as books, gifts, parts, paperwork, medicine, household items, clothing, food and more. PAC Worldwide is experiencing tremendous growth and we are proud to provide good, stable jobs in safe environments.
From competitive benefits, to our employee-first company values, we are committed to investing in the people we care about. We now have a formal program for team members to move up in their roles, as well as opportunities to share in PACs growth. We invite you to learn more!
The Continuous Improvement Leader is responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of the Continuous Improvement program (CI). The CI Engineer will provide initiatives to increase productivity and decrease manufacturing costs through process improvement, production equipment modification, material re-engineering, manufacturing flow optimization and other innovative solutions while maintaining an accident-free workplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and communicate strategies, goals, and objectives to improve plant and company performance to ensure long term adoption.
- Lead teams to provide and coordinate lean improvement programs.
- Directly involved in the entire development through installation testing process to include direct hands on activities.
- Given a specific problem, explore all feasible solutions and determine the most practical solution for the purpose. Using knowledge of materials, control systems, costing and safety, design the solution.
- Re-engineer existing equipment to meet new optimization, reliability, safety, throughput, and process requirements.
- Evaluate and make recommendations, which will increase output and decrease costs by addressing/improving workflow, ergonomics, time/motion characteristics, cycle times, set-up times, waste, etc.
- Use analytical and logical approach to determine root cause of mechanical or processing problems or challenges.
- Collaborates with external or internal resources to achieve desired solution(s).
- Direct and coordinate fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design.
- Recommend methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials by restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
- Evaluate operations equipment and recommends design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions or inefficiencies.
- Lead teams to develop, implement and sustain improvements in processes and outcome metrics.
- Confer with management and general staff to implement plans and recommendations.
- Identify, recommends and manages budgeting requirements for cross-organizational initiatives
- Ensure CI project goals are met and sustained through the development of effective control plans.
- Ensure Continuous Improvement and Quality Management System processes and procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Other duties as assigned.
- ISO, Lean/Continuous Improvement experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Strong understanding of Lean/Continuous Improvement concepts, principles, and practices required.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent planning, negotiation and organizational skills and the ability to independently manage a heavy workload.
- Receives input and coordination of information from various parties, and prepares and presents such information for management review.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with excellent follow up and sense of urgency.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management - Coordinates projects; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Supports organization's goals and values.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- 5+ years of technical/engineering experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the packaging/conversion industry
- Continuous Improvement Lean/Six Sigma experience required
- Must be capable of speaking, reading, and writing English
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to understand and speak Spanish is desirable.
- Must be capable of performing addition, subtraction, multiplication and division calculations.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts related to mechanical design.
- Ability to apply concepts such as geometry, trigonometry, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Must be capable of formatting calculations using Excel.
- Must possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization may exist.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to use these skills in conjunction with the Operations Team.
- Must be computer literate and efficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Preferred - Certification in Six Sigma, Lean or other form of continuous improvement methodology
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds; and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.