Production Manager - #19544309
Toyoda Gosei North America Corporation
The Production Manager function is to manage sections within division with the emphasis on improving safety, quality, cost, delivery, productivity, morale as well as daily management of supervisors to ensure customer deliveries are not interrupted, and quality issues are corrected.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates the operations of a production department.
- Develops manpower-loading requirements based on production guidelines.
- Sets priorities for production schedules based on new product introduction, efficiency and materials supply.
- Directs the work efforts of multiple supervisors.
- Makes budget recommendations on capital expenditures and labor.
- Develop and implement annual Hoshin policy to achieve the goals and objectives of President policy
- Maintain awareness and understand the roles and responsibilities regarding the environmental policies, management system, and objectives and targets by attending the required training. Perform all tasks in accordance with the EMS procedures and practices and minimize the impact of their activities on the environment.
The Production Manager manages all employees of the production department and is responsible for the performance management, hiring and training of the employees within that department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- TPS experience a plus
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment, automotive industry experience a plus
- Communication skills verbal, written, and group presentations
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical/problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university preferred
5 plus years leadership experience required
Manufacturing experience preferred
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Clear, concise written and verbal skills and problem solving skills required. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of team members.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
TG Kentucky, LLC (TGKY) is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.