Account Administrator - #19544315
The Benecon Group is growing! Our VERIS Consortium is the fastest growing consortium in our company and we are looking for an ACCOUNT ADMINISTRATOR on the Operations side to support our team. This position is considered a mid-level opportunity to learn the business of self-funding health initiatives. We offer competitive compensation, fantastic benefits, including immediate 401k participation and company match, student loan repayment and tuition reimbursement programs. Our culture values employee contributions to our company.
The Benecon Group specializes in developing innovative and effective employee benefit solutions. Our company goal is to help employers effectively control benefit plan expenditures and design programs that meet the strategic needs of the employer and the personal needs of the employees. Our specialty is developing and administering self-funded health insurance programs for companies, governments, colleges and nonprofit cooperatives.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for coordination of ongoing service and support for existing VERIS Groups and Brokers. Serves as a main contact point and liaison between internal Benecon staff, Brokers, and Groups for all VERIS case related activities. Initiates renewal process and gathers necessary information for Group renewals before delivering to Actuarial Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as primary contact point regarding all existing VERIS cases for Brokers, Groups, Sales Directors, and internal Benecon departments.
- Assists or leads implementation process as needed for new groups that require additional support through the process.
- Manages renewal process with Brokers for VERIS cases, including follow-up until requirements are received.
- Coordinates plan changes and implements existing groups transitioning to new ASO carriers.
- Communicate stop-loss policy information to ASO carriers annually.
- Creditable coverage communications and follow-up with Brokers (gathering benefits information and determination notifications), as needed.
- Coordinate with Finance to assist in the communication process regarding payment of claims, stop loss claims, and reporting with VERIS brokers.
- Promotes synergy with other departments in order to enhance the unique business model of VERIS and Benecon.
- Maintain strong relationships with broker partners, ASO carriers, and VERIS groups.
- Serve as the primary contact for resolution of client issues.
These duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities.
- Occasional travel required.
- Must be able to sit or stand and type utilizing computer for up to 70% of the workday.
- Must be able to facilitate public presentations (e.g. training, on-site meetings with groups, etc.).
- Must be able to work from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. unless an exception is granted by the Director.
- Bachelors degree in business or related field required.
- A minimum of 3 years experience working with health and welfare benefits programs required.
- Experience with self-funded plans preferred.
- Current, valid Pennsylvania resident insurance producer licenses to sell Accident & Health and Life & Fixed Annuities insurance required or be able to acquire said licenses within 6 months of hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- General knowledge of self-funded insurance principles and practices required.
- Basic knowledge of 5500 reporting requirements preferred.
- Must be highly skilled in time management to facilitate involvement in multiple projects.
- Must be detail-oriented and thorough.
- Excellent organization skills and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and people, at all levels of an organization required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with management staff, peers, and clients required.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent communication skills including writing, speaking, and presentations required.
- Must consistently demonstrate a confident and professional demeanor.
- Solid decision-making and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, challenging environment required.
Notice of E-Verify Participation:
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
The Benecon Group is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Benecon employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Benecon. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.