Lead Vehicle Mechanic - #19544317
Harry and David, LLC
Date: Apr 8, 2021
City: Medford, OR
Contract type: Full time
- Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in vehicle mechanics including gasoline, propane and diesel engine repair and rebuilding. Strong communication skills are required interact with customers, vendors and equipment factory representatives.
- Auto air conditioning repair.
- Propane gas fitters license.
- Forklift certification (Harry & David will certify)
- Automotive diagnostic computer skills
- Advanced welding skills (overhead, vertical, bracing, silver solder, stick and wire feed) are essential.
- Perform standard and advanced mechanical maintenance functions on all farm equipment, vehicles, wind machines, and irrigation systems.
- Evaluate safety of all equipment; identify (red tag) and remove from service those that are in need of inspection and or repair.
- Perform routine repair and specialized maintenance on all farm equipment and plant rolling stock.
- Complete minor and major overhauls and rebuilding of gasoline, diesel, and propane engines on cars, trucks, tractors, and wind machines.
- Complete major overhaul of hydraulic motors, pumps, control valves and systems.
- Diagnose and repair hydraulic problems.
- Diagnose and repair complex electrical problems.
- Fabricate metal support equipment for auto and farming equipment.
- Operate welders, presses , lathes, drill press, milling machines & cranes
- Must be a flexible self-starter able to handle and prioritize multiple requests for repair work and be able to work efficiently without direct supervision.
- This is a safety sensitive position, subject to initial and follow-up drug testing.