Break Time Food Service Shift Leader - #19544322
Food Service Shift Leaders are responsible for assisting in the management and operations of Break Time Convenience Store Food Service Programs. This first step into management enforces high standards for food preparation, cleanliness, and all company policies and procedures to ensure proper and efficient operation during scheduled shift. They are energetic leaders who believe it only takes a moment to make your day better.
MFA Petroleum Company is an Equal Opportunity/Drug-Free Employer.
As a Break Time Food Service Shift Leader, a typical day might include the following:
- Working with customers—consistently and courteously greet and thank each customer and provide fast and friendly customer service; handle complaints quickly and courteously; conduct accurate and efficient transactions
- Merchandising and sales—promote sales through the use of suggestive selling
- Food preparation –follow guidelines, recipes, and job aides for proper preparation and execution of all food service programs; monitor the consistent and timely inspection of products for correct time and temperatures, cleanliness, rotation, portioning, and pricing; maintain appropriate food service inventory levels; monitor duty checklists to address the food service needs for each shift; order authorized products from approved sources; ensure products are properly received, rotated, and stored
- Maintaining a clean environment—ensure equipment, dishes, and food service areas are properly cleaned and maintained; follow and enforce standards for quality, service, cleanliness, food safety, proper product display, and storage; always clean the store when time allows
- Supervising – assist in managing the operations of food service programs including profitability and expense control; supervise and train employees on prep and execution of food service programs
- Communication —maintain timely and professional communication with customers, vendors, other employees, and management as it relates to all aspects of the store operations
- Working closely with management—recommend employee actions, i.e. counseling, performance review, or terminations to the Food Service Manager; successfully complete company training programs; help train new employees on company policies and procedures
- Teamwork—work as a team to adhere to all local, state and federal regulations concerning all facets of job responsibilities and duties, and store operations
- Working with technology – learn and utilize the store's technology; perform mathematical calculations to make change, complete shift reports, and count product
- Other duties as assigned
This job might be for you if you meet the following requirements:
- Prior food service experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Flexible availability which may include all shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Reliable transportation to work
- Willingness to attend adequate food safety training and obtain a Food Handler's Card or equivalent certifications
- ServeSafe certified or able to complete course and pass test
- Physical ability to move and position products in the cooler with temperatures as low as 30 degrees for up to one hour, and to move and position products in the freezer with temperatures as low as 0 degrees
- Ability to perform these duties and others as assigned, with accuracy, and minimal supervision
All items shown above are requirements for the position. In addition, Break Time employees must be 18 years of age with legal authorization to work in the United States. Due to Missouri Lottery Laws, Break Time is unable to employ persons who have been convicted of a felony. All Break Time employees are expected to adhere to policies, procedures, and expectations by following company checklists, following posted work schedule and proper time recording procedures, and assisting in training others. Break Time employees must meet all company requirements, including successful pre-employment drug screening and criminal background checks, ability to exchange accurate information with Break Time customers in English, and ability to visually observe and inspect items and work environment for regular job responsibilities and safety concerns.