Ambassador-PRN - #19544339
University of Mississippi Medical Center
We want to ensure that the application process is smooth and efficient and recommend the following tips:
- Prior to applying, please provide all of your applicable experience and education relevant to the job requirements.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
- All online assessments are completed online. After you submit an application, if an assessment is required, an email with instructions to complete the assessment will be sent to you. In the event you need access to a computer, please consider visiting the WIN Job Center or your local library.
Once you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if we would like to discuss your application.
Due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to personally respond to all applicants. Please feel free to check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID:
Main Campus Jackson
To transport patients/visitors throughout the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC). Works with other hospital staff to ensure that patients' needs are met. Ensures that all medical equipment necessary for transport is working properly.
Education & Experience
High school diploma/GED or successful completion of project search internship.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration required: N/A
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Written and verbal communications skills. Interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Transports patients/visitors/others from one location to another, communicating with dispatch to increase efficiency while monitoring and communicating patient status.
- Documents all activities on daily log to maintain statistics on patient tracking and time management.
- Ensures that medical equipment is clean and in proper working order prior to transporting and reports any problems/malfunctions.
- Ensures the safety and comfort of customer during transport by working with other hospital staff and by appropriate policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper administration of oxygen therapy and equipment functions during transports.
- Assists pathology/morgue with moving large patients.
- Utilizes department software/systems to provide statistics on patient transport and time management.
- Follows all UMHC policies, guidelines and regulations while on UMMC campus.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires occasional exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, frequent exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, frequent activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, frequent bending, occasional lifting and carrying more than 100 pounds, occasional crawling, occasional crouching/stooping, occasional kneeling, constant pushing/pulling, frequent reaching, constant standing, occasional twisting, and constant walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt:
Job Posting Date:
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):