Product Development Engineer- Sr. - #19544345
Response Technologies, a Bell Owned Textron company, is an award-winning scientific enterprise that is dedicated to the design and development of products and technologies that enhance some of the world's largest industries, including tactical defense, automotive & transportation, aerospace, energy, and more. We combine material technology with research & development capability to achieve the perfect material or process for our clients' requirements.
Our expertise in material science covers elastomers, plastics, coatings, foams, textiles, fibers, and more. As leaders in our field, Response Technologies is the ideal partner to develop and execute disruptive solutions.
The Senior Product Development Engineer manages team members and multiple concurrent projects. They accelerate the technical and commercial traction of our core technologies and products. As a Process Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and implementing process strategies, managing process resources, optimizing current processes, and maintaining process documents within an AS9100 continuous improvement quality culture.
- Concurrently manage multiple projects
- Lead project teams to success
- Nurture and develop junior team members.
- Oversee and assess existing processes and workflows.
- Hands-on help create new products on our varied composites, textile, coating, foam, and additive manufacturing technologies.
- Develop routine and best practices to ensure product quality.
- Optimize productivity by designing, implementing and testing new procedures.
- Assemble reports to document process status and changes.
- Document processing conditions. test results, and other critical-to-quality data
- Communicate findings and proposals to upper management.
- Assess compliance with applicable safety and quality standards.
- Create work instructions and other Tier III documents for Quality System.
- Working knowledge of: Improving manufacturing processes and processing equipment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Eagerness to learn and explore and be hands on with Manufacturing processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective team player, with strong critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Establish, Review and monitor KPI's and process data
- Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
- BS degree in a relevant discipline and 15 plus years of hands-on related engineering experience
- MS degree and 10 or more years of hands-on related engineering experience
- Experience in Lean Development & Manufacturing and familiar with Lean tools, SMED, Kaizen, etc.
- Candidates with advanced degrees and Prior Military Service, in combination with experience, are encouraged to apply