Part Time Custodian - #19544346
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for cleaning projects and upkeep for the look of the building. Positions may be indoors to maintain the interior of the community, outdoors to maintain the exterior, or a mixture of both. Light maintenance duties may be included.
- Performs a variety of cleaning/maintenance duties as assigned, including but not limited to, sweeping, mopping, shampooing, dusting, polishing, trash disposal, replacing light bulbs and window cleaning.
- Cleans restrooms, including but not limited to, sweeping and mopping floors; refilling all dispensers such as hand towels, toilet paper, and hand soap; cleaning toilets, urinals, sinks, mirrors and counters; and removing trash.
- Removes trash from premises and assists in emergency cleaning.
- Furnishes and burnishes floors as required.
- Responsible for maintaining the appropriate level of sanitary and cleaning supplies for assigned areas.
- Informs Property Manager or Board of Directors of needed supplies.
- Inspects all assigned areas daily and reports all cleaning and maintenance discrepancies to Property Manager.
- Maintains all cleaning solutions in accordance to OSHA requirements for hazardous chemicals.
- Ability to properly utilize new equipment and follow safety procedures prior to using this equipment.
- Ensures all safety precautions are followed while performing work.
- Completes daily work orders as scheduled.
- Maintains assigned equipment in good working condition.
- Perform light checks throughout building, hallways, entry ways and replace as needed. Lights requiring specialty ladders or lifts will be handled by another source
- "Blow Down" boiler as needed with proper training. Procedure is usually required several times per week but final determination will be made by facility manager.
- Ensure hot water loop is functioning properly as needed with proper training.
- Touch up paint throughout common areas of building as needed.
- Watch the front desk when the front desk attendant is on break.
- High school diploma or equivalency preferred.
- Previous custodial experience preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs. following appropriate safety procedures.
- Work in an upright standing position for long periods of time.
- Crawl in small and tight spaces; ability to work in different environmental working conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain);
- Walk and climb stairs; handle, finger, grasp and feel objects and equipment;
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions;
- Repeat various motions with the wrists, hands and fingers;
- Complete all required forms.
- Ability to respond to emergencies on a timely manner.
- Climb ladders and work at heights above ground level (maximum 3 ft).
DISCLAIMER: This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.