LPN Case Management Analyst - #19544353
- Cigna Medicare Appeals Reviewer:
We will depend on you to communicate some of our most critical information to the correct individuals regarding Medicare appeals and related issues, implications and decisions. The Utilization Review Nurse reports to the Supervisor/Manager of Appeals and will coordinate and perform all appeal related duties in a Medicare Advantage Plan. These appeals will include requests for decisions regarding denials of medical services as well as Part B drugs. The Utilization Review Nurse will be responsible for analyzing and responding appropriately to appeals from members, member representatives and providers regarding denials for services and denials of payment via oral and written communication; researching and applying pertinent Medicare and Medicaid regulations to determine the outcome of the appeal; provide oversight and assistance to Medical Management staff with resolution of appeal by interpreting Medicare and Medicaid regulations; reviewing documentation to ensure that all aspects of the appeal have been addressed properly and accurately; e) prepare case files for submission to Independent Review Entity, which also include writing required case summary on behalf of the plan to support appeal resolution.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) with the scheduled core business hours generally 8:00 am - 5:00 pm CST, Monday through Friday with occasional weekend and holiday coverage.
Job Requirements include, but not limited to:
- Must have experience in Medicare Appeals, Utilization Case Management or Compliance in Medicare Part C
- Ability to differentiate different types of requests Appeals, Grievances, coverage determination and Organization Determinations in order to ensure the correct processing of the appeal.
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills; effectively manage competing priorities and multiple deadlines.
- Review, research and understand how request for plan services and claims submitted by consumers (members) and physicians/providers was processed and determine why it was denied
- Identify and obtain all additional information (relevant medical records, contract language and process/procedures) needed to make an appropriate determination of the appeal.
- Make an appropriate administrative determinations as to whether a claim should be approved or denied based on the available information and as well as research and provide a written detailed clinical summary for the Plan Medical Director.
- Determine whether additional pre service, appeal or grievance reviews are required and/or whether additional appeal rights are applicable and then if necessary, route to the proper area/department for their review and decision/response
- Complete necessary documentation of final documentation of final determination of the appeals using the appropriate system applications, templates, communication process, etc.
- Communicate appeal information to members or providers with the required timeframes well as to all appropriate internal or external parties (regulatory agencies, plan administrators, etc.)
- Meet the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: efficiency, accuracy, quality, member satisfaction and attendance
- Adhere to department workflows, desktop procedures, and policies.
- Work with all matrix partners to ensure accurate and timely processing of Medicare Appeals.
- Read Medicare guidance documents report and summarize required changes to all levels department management and staff.
- Support the implementation of new process as needed.
- Based on case work and departmental reporting, ability to identify and report trends and/or areas of opportunities to department management and peers. .
- Understand and investigate billing issues, claims and other plan benefit information. .
- Assist with monitoring, inquiries, and audit activities as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Unencumbered LPN Licensure
- 3-5 years' experience in Medicare Advantage Health Plans or related experience in a healthcare setting handling complex inquiries and requests for service
- Working knowledge of Medicare Advantage, Original Medicare and or Medicaid appeal regulations. Understanding of Local Coverage Determinations, National Coverage Determinations, Medicare claim process and plan rules along with working with of ICD9, ICD10
- Superb written and oral communication skills with particular emphasis on verbally presenting case summary and decisions.
- Must have the ability to work objectively and provide fact based answers with clear and concise documentation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Access, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Prioritizes workflow on a consistent basis, applies key HIPAA and CMS guidelines in daily workflow, and meets turnaround times for assigned cases.
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple competing deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
- Requires access to high-speed broadband wired internet with a modem
- A private space for an office
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people's lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.