Certified Medical Assistant -Oncology Clinic - #19544369
University of Mississippi Medical Center
We want to ensure that the application process is smooth and efficient and recommend the following tips:
- Prior to applying, please provide all of your applicable experience and education relevant to the job requirements.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
- All online assessments are completed online. After you submit an application, if an assessment is required, an email with instructions to complete the assessment will be sent to you. In the event you need access to a computer, please consider visiting the WIN Job Center or your local library.
Once you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if we would like to discuss your application.
Due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to personally respond to all applicants. Please feel free to check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID:
Grenada Ambulatory Operations
UMMC Grenada Rad/Fam Med
Certified Medical Assistant -Oncology Clinic
To assist Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants and other primary health care providers in support of clinic operations performing medical office, billing and clinical duties as may be required in a specific clinic. To perform routine administrative and clinical duties to ensure orderly, efficient office operations and to assist staff with the examination and treatment of patients.
Education & Experience
Meet the education/experience requirements for Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA), or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) by the American Medical Technologist (AMT) or American Association of Medical Personnel (AAMP).
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED: CMA or CCMA. RMA AMT or AAMP in lieu of CMA or CCMA.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, pharmacology, and medical terminology. Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications. Interpersonal skills to interact with patients and staff. Verbal and written communication skills. Record management and accounting skills. Ability to collect, record, and maintain data. Basic radiology imaging skills preferred for certain clinics.
- Assists with direct patient care procedures and related tasks; checks in patients, obtains patient medical histories, takes vital signs, prepares charts, perform basic radiology images and assists with medical examinations. And other patient care activities, performs billing and other general medical office procedures in accordance with established protocols of a particular clinic.
- Performs routine specialized procedures such as basic radiology images, venipuncture, catheterization, and sterile dressing changes in accordance with established protocols. Collects and prepares laboratory specimens for analysis.
- Arranges examining room instruments and equipment; sterilizes medical instruments; disposes contaminated supplies; maintains stocks of medicines and medical supplies.
- Educates and advises patients on specified medical issues within established guidelines.
- Performs administrative duties such as answering telephones, greeting patients, updating and filing patient medical records, verifying demographic and insurance information, scheduling appointments, and performing billing and bookkeeping.
- Practices safety, environmental, and infection control methods.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires occasional exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, occasional handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, frequent exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, occasional working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, frequent work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, frequent bending, occasional lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds, occasional climbing, occasional crawling, occasional crouching/stooping, frequent kneeling, frequent pushing/pulling, constant reaching, occasional sitting, constant standing, occasional twisting, and constant walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt:
Job Posting Date:
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):