2nd Shift Maintenance Tech - #19544371
2nd Shift - 4:00pm-Midnight
Highline Aftermarket is currently seeking a Maintenance Specialist. The successful candidate must have the broad range of skills needed to successfully maintain a manufacturing operation. The Maintenance Specialist will help to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. The candidate must be willing to work flexible hours. Frequently there will be a need for night and weekend hours, depending on our volume and customer demand.
Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing maintenance requirements on production machines
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, etc.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares maintenance reports
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as required.
Minimum of 5 years of past maintenance experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. experience should include a history of:
- Pipe fitting, pump repair, and plumbing repair experience
- Mechanical knowledge of conveyors and material transfer equipment
- Experience with preventative maintenance programs
- Experience with packaging equipment (case erectors, case sealers, palletizers)
- Basic electrical knowledge with 110/220/480 volt power
- General experience with building maintenance
- Computer proficiency
- Self-motivated, and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to occasionally climb stairs to retrieve stock items
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment
- Repetitive grasping with hands
- Walking and/or standing up to 10 hours per day, 6 days per week if applicable
- Frequent pushing, pulling, and reaching following recommended standards
- Experience with Liquid fill equipment