Continuous Improvement Manager - #19544386
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
The Continuous Improvement Manager for our Greenfield, IN facility will plan, lead and coordinate continuous improvement initiatives and ensure effective execution of key business and lean strategies. A key focus of this role will be around Enterprise Lean Sigma (ELS). Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Continuous Improvement (ELS) Manager will be a member of the Plant Leadership Team and will function as a liaison between the site and the Divisional Enterprise Lean Sigma team. This person must have the capability to with all levels of the organization, build relationships to facilitate change, and development and possess in-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes.
In your role as Continuous Improvement (ELS) Manager delivering on these responsibilities is critical to success:
- Partner with site leaders to train and deploy 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing tools, methodologies and practices, including but not limited to MDI (Managing By Daily Improvement) and others like Toyota Kata, 4DX’s and problem solving or value stream mapping.
- Own Continuous Improvement (CI) assessment and initiatives. Partner with Site Leaders and facilitate strategy deployment.
- Analyze production documentation and associated performance documents to find opportunities for Manufacturing Operating Expense and Loss reduction.
- Be a change agent: challenge organizational leaders to take CI to the next plateau; remove organizational barriers to improvement process.
- Develop, implement and review site CI training initiatives.
- Mentoring, coaching new Six Sigma Belt candidates.
- Facilitating Kaizen, blitz, workshop CI events.
- Share standard methodologies with other site CI Managers, CI Project Leaders and develop coordinated plans.
- Calibrate with CI Divisional Staff on strategy, methodology, divisional OGSM initiatives.
- Identify and communicate various CI readings, training and benchmarking opportunities.
- Coach PLT members in lean concepts and principles as they apply to their functional areas
- Lead site through the Management for Daily Improvement process for daily results that fall short of targets and goals.
- Bachelor's Degree required (Master Degree a plus); Engineering or a related field in combination with lean or operational experience
- 6+ years business / CI (Lean, 6 Sigma) / operations experience, driving team excellence and leading people
- Passion and dedication to CI with demonstrated success in leading and influencing both individuals and work teams
- Working knowledge lean sigma methodologies required. Six Sigma certification preferred
- Excellent people skills with the ability to openly convey information to team members in a timely and concise manner. Must have strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Must be a change leader: ability to adapt, assimilate, initiate, support and reinforce change among the teams
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills with the ability to achieve results independently and through others
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with a bias toward action
- High level of proficiency with information systems and manufacturing application
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact 440 534-6080 or [email protected] to discuss reasonable accommodations.