Director, VisaNet Integrated Payment (VIP) System Test Engineering - #19544407
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Director of Test Engineering and Automation Development for Network Processing Authorization Systems will manage the automation development and test engineering for Visanet Integrated Payment applications. The role requires a good understanding of software development, testing, deployment, and support in high-availability electronic payment systems. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic leader, great communicator, have demonstrable expertise in software development and test engineering and above all be customer and team focused. The candidate will work closely with peers across the globe in product development and test engineering teams within Network Processing as well as senior management and other groups across the organization.
- Support test engineering efforts for the VisaNet Integrated Payment (VIP) system, Visa’s largest revenue generating platform by taking a leadership role in managing a team of test engineers and software developers, ensuring that staff are fully engaged, satisfied and productive
- Serve as a key liaison between business, project management, and technical development staff to ensure that specifications and standards meet requirements while leading and managing a Test Engineering team.
- Work with Network Processing management team to formulate, plan, and execute strategic initiatives.
- Actively drive the automation of manual test processes in collaboration with teams at other geographic locations to increase team productivity and expand test coverage.
- Work to build seamless workflow and processes that will ensure efficient management of resources and the timely delivery of projects and work units.
- Ensure that project objectives are aligned with quality standards, strategies, and goals.
- Develop and nurture team by motivating, mentoring, and assisting in hiring critical talent. Mentor and lead other members of the department in the area of test engineering and development best practices.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 12 years of software engineering experience. Must have good experience working with cross-geographical teams.
- Experience managing a team of software developers and/or test engineers in a cross-functional environment using C++, Java, Node.js, Python, or .NET C#
- Prior experience in the core payments or similar space covering the design and implementation of fault tolerant systems (think 99.999% availability) is highly desirable
- Experience working with S/390 architecture, IBM’s zTPF operating system, VM/ Terminal Emulator – CMS, VPARS and mainframe scripting using REXX/ PIPE.
- Hands-on experience with payment messaging standards using ISO 8583, XML, ISO20022, JSON and Cryptographic operations around industry standards like TDES, AES, PKI and HSM
- Experience in leading software engineering team(s) for projects from inception to completion with overall accountability of deliverables.
- Track record of managing the delivery of complex, multi-faceted technology initiatives.
- Must have specific and demonstrable experience in improving software productivity, work processes, test methods and production support capability
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and inter-personal skills
Minimum Salary: $128,200
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.