Attraction Tickets Agent - #19544435
ABOUT WESTGATE RESORTS
Westgate Resorts provides a diverse range of vacation experiences. From sandy beaches on the Atlantic Ocean to snow-covered Utah mountains, families can affordably experience the country's most desirable vacation destinations. A world leader in the timeshare and hospitality industry, Westgate has resorts in Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina, Missouri, Utah, Nevada, and Arizona. Westgate meets every vacation expectation, for every family, for every budget. As we continue growing, we will continue offering the best and most-affordable vacation options out there!
About Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa:
The beautiful lakefront Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa offers you the perfect opportunity to meet and share stories with guests who arrive from around the world to experience Central Florida’s world-famous theme parks and attractions. Enjoy the surroundings and excitement that our world-class resort offers when you join the Westgate Lakes team.
Perform full range of teller-type services as pertains to attraction ticket sales from Westgate Resorts. Maintain ticket and cash bank security through scrutiny of all transactions.
- Balance money and ticket bank amounts at the beginning and end of shift.
- Resolve problems/complaints arising from guests.
- Sell attraction tickets and make reservations for dinner shows as needed.
- Provide basic directions, maps, and attraction and area information to the customers as needed
- Provide customers with transportation when needed. Keep accurate transportation log that is sent to the Corporate Offices for invoice reconciliation.
- Complete daily paperwork accurately and thoroughly. Explain any overages or shortages on closing tape.
- Responsible for completing daily deposit for their bank according to standard safety procedures.
- Daily clean and secure their work place.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Must be able to handle cash and tickets accurately and securely, enjoy working with tourists, be able to take direction well, possess strong auditing skills.
- Have word processing and spreadsheet knowledge, have good communication skills, be a self-starter without extensive need for direction, work well with others, be organized, be focused on accuracy, and be able to meet deadlines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Full benefits package on the 1st of the month after 60 days, including sick and vacation time, medical, dental, vision, and retirement/401k, disability plans and more!
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Team Member discounts on resort stays and in restaurants
… our team members are valued, recognized, heard, respected, empowered... and KEY to our organization’s success!