Environmental Project Manager - #19544436
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. We offer a workplace ripe with rewarding opportunities while cultivating a healthy work-life balance. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. Take a closer look at all that makes Timmons Group unique: diverse talents, challenging assignments, interesting projects, culture of learning and a flexible family-friendly work environment. Competitive salaries and a generous benefits package strengthen the advantages we offer. For more information, visit: www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking an experienced Environmental Project Manager to join our future Wilmington, NC office location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Lead team on stream and wetland restoration design projects
- Conduct “kick-off” and interim project status meetings with the project team to discuss tasks, schedules, budgets, etc.
- Provide technical expertise and checks accuracy of all completed work. Assure that a QA/QC review is completed at the appropriate stages of each project
- Prepare specifications materials through the use of research and manufacturing catalogs to specify materials, installation, inspection and payment of items specific to a project
- Perform research and write objective summary reports which are used in the completion of the project work or inspection
- Prepare the scope of services, detailed project budget, schedule and contract.
- Assign duties, schedules and budget to project team members and coordinate project scheduling
- Complete project on time and on budget while providing on-site construction oversight to assure client satisfaction
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- A B.S. or M.S. degree in civil engineering with equivalent work experience and certification as Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Virginia or North Carolina and/or one or more states in which Timmons Group conducts business
- 8+ years’ experience in environmental/civil engineering related to land development or infrastructure markets
- 6+ years’ experience in stream and wetland design and restoration
- Demonstrated expertise in hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, fluvial geomorphology, erosion and sediment control, stormwater management, wetland and stream design
- A demonstrated ability to manage the schedule and budget for multiple projects at the same time
- Proven experience in client management and relationships and contract acquisition
- Has experience in marketing and supervision of the technical work of others
- Working knowledge of CADD and or civil 3D software. (Civil 3D preferred)
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company's Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.