Cafe Manager - #19544480
Compass Group USA Inc
Posted Date: Apr 6, 2021
TouchPoint, Support Services, provides customer focused support services. As specialists, we perform services including healthcare housekeeping, management in laundry processing, patient transportation, and food service. TouchPoint is a compilation of the most committed and talented individuals working in the industry today. Our dedication to quality, exceptional customer service, and unequivocal results allow us to provide the best outcomes to our clients.
GREAT OPPORTUNITY for an innovative Retail Leader looking to take ownership of a $2.5 million cafe business within a hospital setting! The Retail Manager will lead a team of 3 Supervisors & 16 hourly Associates in managing the cafe, catering & Starbucks kiosk. Candidates must have prior management experience with a strong retail background and a desire to move into a Director level position in the future. Ideal candidates will have a take-ownership, can-do attitude with a history of thinking outside the box in terms of marketing, retail technology, innovation, and business strategy. The Retail Manager will be responsible for the successful retail/cafeteria operation of Food & Nutrition Services under the direction of the Director of Dining Services.
- Plans and supervises special functions, maintains cash controls, payroll records, and oversees the hiring and training of our hourly team members
- Ensures customer satisfaction and good public relations through the safe and efficient uses of resources
- Directs staff to provide scheduled retail services in accordance with corporate policies and presentation standards
- Trains staff in customer service, proper portioning, cashier skills, and safety/sanitation
- Completes all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the corporate policies and procedures on a timely basis meeting all prescribed deadlines.
- Communicates effectively with all team members, patients and families
- Implements and maintains cash handling standards as outlined in the Corporate Policies and Procedures Manual to eliminate theft of services or Company funds
- B.S. Degree in Food Services Technology/Management or related field; or A.A. Degree plus three years of directly related experience preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of retail operational foodservice management experience preferred, depending upon formal degree or training
- Good knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, marketing and presentation
- P&L accountability and contract-managed service experience is desirable
- Experience with cash retail operations
- Retail marketing experiences are highly desirable
- Supervisory, leadership, management and coaching skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate on various levels to include management, customer and associate levels
- Knowledge of financial, budgetary, accounting and computational practices
- Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet
Apply to TouchPoint today!
TouchPoint is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Touchpoint are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 517630
ERIN S PRINDLE