Landscape Architecture Project Manager - #19544487
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking a Landscape Architecture Project Manager to join our Virginia Beach, VA office location.
Our award-winning landscape architecture and land planning studio offers an extensive range of consulting and design support to urban, commercial, parks and recreation, economic development, environmental, transportation, residential and government clients across multiple markets. Applicants should embrace leadership opportunities, exhibit a diverse range of project experience and be motivated with excellent design, graphic, written and presentation skills. Candidates should have strong project management skills and should be excellent communicators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with principals in the office on a variety of project types and scales
- Maintain and develop client relationships
- Direct and supervise project teams with planning, site layout, landscape design and production of construction documents
- Review all design development, construction documents and specifications for quality control and compliance with company standards
- Prepare construction cost estimates
- Communicate with colleagues effectively in-person and remotely
- Oversee construction administration efforts for projects under construction
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor or Masters’ Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program is preferred but a non-accredited degree in Landscape Architecture and 2-5 years of experience may be considered
- Virginia Licensed Landscape Architect
- LEED or SITES Accreditation preferred but not required
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Land F/X, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, 3-D modeling and Microsoft programs
- Business development and marketing experience preferred
- Ideal candidates will have at least 8 years of professional experience in landscape architecture
We offer an excellent compensation package as well as great opportunities for professional growth. Salary commensurate with work experience.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission, and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.