R&D Planning Strategist, (Bilingual Korean) Contractor - #19544496
At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make "Life Good" – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
Talk about a mantra. Life's Good with LG!
We offer an environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work and create value. At LG, you're encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill—and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board. We want our colleagues to grow with our global business. That's why we deliver sure rewards for exceptional performance and offer industry-leading benefits. Come join the team!
We are currently seeking a contract R&D Planning Strategist to join our dynamic team in Santa Clara as part of the LG Silicon Valley Lab organization.
LG is looking for passionate and talented technology strategist who will work on R&D strategy and LG US R&D operations. Reporting to the Head of Innovation Strategy, you will be working with US R&D strategy, project planning and operational issues. The Strategy team is working on fundamental strategy at LG US R&D including developing business cases and product roadmaps, sourcing and building key industry partnerships, detailing competitive analysis and industry models. This position will contribute both on strategy and execution.
- Support to deliver a rigorous and structured approach to identifying and solve technology business problems that lead to strategic insights
- Deliver technology trend analysis to generate technology insights and identify value creation opportunities
- Deliver effective presentations and recommendations to team leader, effectively conveying technology and market opportunities
- Engage with the Silicon Valley ecosystem by attending technology and business conferences, and meeting with founders, investors, and academics.
- Communicate with internal and external partners on various R&D and operation issues
- Create communication materials and presentations on various un-organized ideas
- Support to oversee R&D and risk management activities
- Support project, budget, resource planning
- Build partnerships with various global R&D and business partners
- Participate in mid-long term growth strategy process, integrating technology development roadmaps across the project portfolio
- Provide operational dashboards with project progress, resource allocation and communication status
- Facilitate regular project reviews to assess business alignment and identify areas for improvement
- Develop the agenda and conduct management meetings to communicate and resolve operational issues, and showcase outstanding technology developments
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in technology or engineering or business (Masters preferred, MBA a plus)
- Bilingual English / Korean required
- Successful experience working in the technology industry in global consumer R&D organizations with complex decision processes across technical and business dimensions
- 3 years' work experience with at least 3 years' experience in a combination of business development, innovation, strategy and/or product management roles
- Technical knowledge of market trends, innovation and technologies
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to convert technical concepts into customer value stories and create and deliver Executive-level presentations
- Strategic and critical thinking skills and the ability to create compelling presentation materials
- Superior presentation skill including MS office skill
- High tolerance dealing with ambiguous and complex topics
- Please note, this is a contract position*
LG Electronics, USA Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.