Intern- Product Development- Software Engineer (SJSU Event Only) - #19544501
VMware recognizes that today's students are tomorrow's trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
Intern here. Transform everywhere.
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you're connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it's the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/xqttzadavcxcbszsqyautyfrbst
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
We have the journey for you!
As well as working for one of the best technology companies in the world, you'll create innovative solutions and solve complex problems. You'll take ownership of meaningful, big-picture projects and springboard an impactful career. Become immersed in all aspects of our innovative and collaborative culture, and ensure you get the full VMware experience. You'll interact with industry thought leaders at one of our world class campuses and enjoy networking, community service, and career development events.
- This is a year-long intern opportunity. The intern will work full time (40 hours/week) during the summer and will continue as a part-time intern into fall and spring so that the student can continue working as an intern while attending school/class.
We are looking for Interns interested in learning across software development spaces.
- You'll get the opportunity to design and implement new systems techniques and algorithms for VMware Products
- You'll work with various teams to design and deliver new functionality, mainly targeted for virtualization workloads
- You'll be part of a talented engineering team that has a culture of solving complex software problems through innovations in a highly collaborative environment
Do you see yourself at VMware doing good work during summer 2021 that will launch you into the next steps of your career? Then come join VMware and be a part of an organization that will help build out the next stage of your career journey.
We are hiring interns with interest in the following areas:
End User Computing, Performance Engineering, Storage Applications, Networking Security, Cloud Platform, Modern Applications, and Cloud Management
- Drive the platform forward with your understanding of the technology's capabilities and potential applications.
- Solve problems in the low-level systems and networking domains
- Researching and proposing solutions to source code issues
- Participating in project planning, code reviews, and Scrum
- Build skills in managing and collaborating on large projects
- Contribute to Multi-platform (Windows, Linux, MacOS) software development
- You will have frequent contact with the manager, technical leads, and Scrum master
Required Skills (vary depending on the role in R&D):
- Completing a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Ability to complete both full-time and part-time
- Passionate about technology and how it is changing the world for the better, especially within the cloud computing technologies space
- Coursework in progress or completed in data structures and algorithms and some of the following: operating systems, distributed systems, cloud computing, networking, data mining, web development, or UI
- Knowledge in one or more of the following: C, Java, C++, Python, Go, HTML, CSS, Angular JS
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Self-motivated with a high attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Demonstrate good judgment in analyzing information to make routine decisions
- Previous internship experience is a plus
- Intellectual curiosity and a strong interest to learn about VMware technologies
- Experience developing client-server or distributed, multithreaded applications
- School or industry projects involving significant design and development
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas in a precise and concise manner
Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in United States may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles for which these Internships may prepare you.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.