Banquet Manager - #19586342
The Omni Providence is a landmark hotel in Rhode Island. This hotel is located in the exciting city of Providence and is attached to the Rhode Island Convention Center, Dunkin Donuts Convention Center, as well as the Providence Place Mall. Guests find themselves in walking distance to everything the city has to offer from historical sights to amazing restaurants. The Omni Providence a beautiful Convention Hotel but our associates are what separate us from the rest of the hotels. Our culture provides an atmosphere that allows our associates to learn and grow in their professional development in a fun environment. We strongly encourage promotions from within our company, and as a result, our staff has a solid hospitality foundation. Our diverse staff comes from many different countries in the world and provides a fantastic atmosphere to develop both from a professional and personal level. Although we offer a complete benefit package for all of our full-time associates, all of our associates are provided the greatest benefit of all which is "opportunity".
The Director of Banquets is responsible for ensuring proper set up and service of all banquet functions, supervising all banquet associates to ensure guest satisfaction, and maintain service standards. This is a leadership role responsible for training of associates to deliver prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni food and beverage standards and company policies and procedures.
- Represents management at functions.
- Determines set-ups in conjunction with Director of Catering.
- Coordinates functions with service staff, and Chef. Sees that guest satisfaction is achieved through effective supervision and delegation of functions, checks on food quality and courteous performance of entire banquet staff.
- Briefs banquet staff on functions and procedure of service.
- Establishes high standards of quality service and maintains them through effective training and continuous upgrading.
- Maintains the equipment entrusted to his care and keeps pars up.
- Maintains records, reports, closing reports and payroll costs.
- Inspects function rooms and writes work orders for the Engineering Department to maintain rooms in excellent condition.
- Conscious of business fluctuations, reacts either increasing of decreasing when volume of business fluctuates up or down.
- Maximizes profits in his department through effective management techniques keeping in mind at all times guest satisfaction.
- Must stay updated on new food and wine trends. Sets the pace and a good example for a successful quality operation.
- Prepare for and conduct departmental meetings.
- Creats all banquet staff schedules and manages payroll processes.
- Use Synergy and Epitome Reports to effectively relay guest concerns to other departments.
- 4 plus years of previous Banquet experience in hotel setting
- Food & Beverage experience required
- Union expereience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Exceptional people skills and customer service skills required.
- Must be detail oriented, have excellent communication skills, and the ability to perform professionally under high levels of stress.
- Excellent computer skills required.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.