RN Registered Nurse, Residential - #19589231
Discovery Behavioral Health
At Center For Discovery you will have the opportunity to work closely within a team of professionals consisting of eating disorder and mental health experts, all dedicated to promoting lasting health and healing. Clinical supervision and guidance are provided on total client care and therapeutic milieu management, as well as career growth and personal development oversight. You will develop an individualized growth plan which will help you develop your professional skills and career objectives
If you are looking for an organization that thrives on growth, celebrates diversity of thought, and rewards passionate execution, you’ve come to the right place. Because we put clients first, it is our honor to support and reward those who serve them.
The Registered Nurse consults with the physician and psychiatrist to ensure appropriate medical interventions are achieved. The RN meets with each resident, completes a daily assessment, and administers all prescription medication. The RN is responsible for carrying out any orders received from the physician and psychiatrist, and reports information to the Nurse Administrator, Program Director and Facility Administrator as needed.
- Completing H&P upon admission for each client
- Developing and initiating the Nursing Care Plan
- Providing clear and complete client documentation
- Implementing Physician Orders
- Availability for consultation after hours and returns telephone calls/pages within a ten-minute time frame
- Counting narcotics daily, logs appropriately
- Meeting regularly with medical staff to discuss client treatment
- Providing assessments of medical problems
- Performing primary first aid and determining need for physician notification
- Meeting with each client, completing a daily assessment, taking vital signs and administering all prescription medication
- Responsibility for carrying out any orders received from the physician and psychiatrist, and reporting information to the Nurse Administrator, Program Director and Facility
- Contributing insightful, practical, and meaningful information to the treatment planning process
- Directing residents in a clear, concise, and informative matter
- Understanding the therapeutic process and confidentiality laws, and having strong knowledge of professional ethics
- Demonstrating leadership abilities, with an ability to communicate with persons from all educational and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrating tact, initiative, resourcefulness, a professional manner, enthusiasm, and a non-judgmental attitude
This is a part-time position that will work overnight at one of our residential programs. For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at centerfordiscovery.com.
- RN license from the applicable state is required
- Mental health nursing experience is a plus
- Must have knowledge of JCAHO & State regulatory requirements
- Must have considerable knowledge of nursing principles and practice
- Must demonstrate knowledge of Axis I diagnosis and symptoms
- Must demonstrate knowledge of medications and their proper application and use
- Able to take vital signs, provide first aid, and perform basic evaluation procedures and tests
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.